Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Dec. 22nd 2015

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:48 am    Post subject: Dec. 22nd 2015 Reply with quote

Mitch, Brian and Ross did not do to well yesterday. There staying one more night in the cabin so they have today to redeem them self's. I also heard from a couple others that found slower fishing then expected. I swung into hillmens access and Buddy Hillmens road looks to be in great shape. Lets hope the snow for casted skirts us. It went from 3 to 10 predicted to 1 to 3 so will see what happens in the next couple days. The less snow the better. Were making some ice at 19 degrees but not much. It looks like starting new years we will be getting lows in the single digits through out Jan. I spent part of yesterday getting the dodge prospector out of the woods. Putting two wheels back on it was a bit of a chore as them wheels are not lite. A little gas in the carb and she fired right up, the gas line just beyond the filter was spewing gas, Re leaved it did not start a fire a 20 minute fix and she was ready to go. All three trucks are gassed up and ready to go. The generators all have fresh oil the houses have been wiped down one final time. Its just a waiting game for mother nature to make us a little more ice. I have had the houses on 12 inches of ice but would prefer at least 14.. All my reservation between Christmas and the 30th have been canceled or rescheduled. I'm hoping to have Minnesota, south Carolina and Florida on the ice dec. 31rst. Every year is different and by the looks of it I will be searching for fish a little closer to shore to start the season. In the past about the time I get the houses out the shallow bite has slowed and the houses do not get fished very long before there on the move to deeper water. This year they may get fished a bit more and it will be interesting to see how they do. I expect pretty good fishing with a great night bite so time will tell.
I was surprised how many portables were out there again today for a Monday. It seems we see more and more early season portables every year. The guys in the cabin said Westwinds was packed last night.

I like to wish all a Merry Christmas
cookie
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:57 am    Post subject: Dec 27th 2015 Reply with quote

Good morning to all. Just enjoying the morning watching in depth outdoors. There fishing oak island and I was digging the air boat they used to get on safe ice.
Here on the northeast end of the lake saw a lot of traffic yesterday. I figure there were about 300 portable and wheel houses within view. Fired up the heat in montana yesterday and the ceiling fan stopped working so that will need to be addressed today. We made it to 6 below this morning so I imagine we have gained a inch in the last 24 hours.
Jake and his buddy had slow fishing yesterday. They moved 4 times through out the day. They did manage to get there limit but they had to work for them. The guys in the cabin were going to walk off our property but must of came up with a plan b as there trucks were gone all day and they were not down at the lake. At this time it looks promising to take the houses out of the woods and on to the lake Wednesday. I will be starting the season close to shore and expect good fishing so time will tell.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: