Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
12 11 15

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:54 am    Post subject: 12 11 15 Reply with quote

Tuesday they had a meeting up here to address the garbage left on the lake last year. All the road access have dumpsters for garbage so please use them. There were a few fishermen on the lake this week and it sounded like the fishing was a decent. We had rain most of yesterday that turned into a wet sticky snow towards evening that has stuck to every tree branch. It looks like we will start making some more ice and the snow we got is here to stay. Dayton and his crew are headed up today so will see how they do this weekend. I need to get the plow back on blue thunder and it can be a little tricky as I tweaked the frame work years ago. The damage I created last year has been repaired. the red baron also had some plow issues and now has new cutting blades for the up and coming season. All the houses have been wiped down and vacuumed and I think we will have to look at new carpet next year. Are new house north Dakota is 95 % done. Jake will be up towards Christmas to button it up. She's a big house and is a nice addition to the fleet
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dayton and Dave rolled in Friday afternoon after checking into the cabin they headed out for the evening bite. They had no problem finding some fish which is what I expected. They hit the same spot Saturday and had a good bite at 9am. They came off the lake Saturday eve with there limit and had a nice fish fry at the cabin. They heard through the grape vine of a lake with ice that had a crappie bite and were going to hit that on there way home sunday.
My good friend Wayne came up Friday and spent the weekend. We got a couple things done around here and also got the plow back on blue thunder. The weather was perfect over the weekend for all the portables out there highs in the 30s and no wind. today we have some stronger winds. Dennis and his gal Shelly rolled in yesterday afternoon and headed out to find good fishing also. Dennis brought up his wilcraft which is a portable fish house on wheels with a motor and was designed for early and late ice. It has been years since I saw Dennis as he use to come up during the crappie boom. Dennis is staying a couple days then tom and his crew are arriving Thursday.
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well we had a little excitement yesterday down on the south shore. Rodgers on red has the whole story just the way it happened. I talked to BJ HIllmen last night and they are in good shape with buddy's road marked out to a large crack 3 to 4 miles out. I have not been out there but would assume that crack is marked off where it crosses the road and common sense would say stay on this side of it, Also check in with hillmens when you get your road pass for current conditions as they can change hour to hour minute to minute. I will check with Buddy later to day but last I heard wheelers were open for travel.
We could get some unwanted snow. They are saying? From the predicted temps I expect it to be a wet snow. Lets all hope it just clips or misses us as snow cover will have such a effect on making ice once that cold temps hit Thursday night.
Dennis and Shell came off the lake a bit after dark driving his wilcraft. They found good fishing pretty close to shore and did not travel that far out.
Gassed up blue thunder yesterday and could here a low growl or squeak coming from the left front so will have to keep a eye on that. I drove down to the lake and inspecting all the mounting points on plow I noticed a pin was missing its cotter pin. I drove up to the garage, got a cotter pin, went to put it in and the pin had fallen out when I drove back up to the house. I walked down to the lake and with some good luck found it laying on the ground instead of buried in the snow.
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked to Buddy Hillmen and he is open and letting wheelers out . He is recomending they do not travel more then a mile and a half out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: