Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Cabin fever

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Thompson
Angler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:06 am    Post subject: Cabin fever Reply with quote

Well guys & gals, its been pretty quiet around here since Grouch posted around the holidays so lets get rid of some cabin fever with a few notes.

It sure looks like everybody in the midwest in in the deep freeze while out here in Utah we're having a pretty mild winter and I'm expecting open water sometime in March. Two of my favorite local waters are seeing some record fish and I fish both regularly. My personal best C&R came from Pineview a few years ago; a nice 44" Tiger Muskie that weighed 24 lbs. SO.....I'm pumped for the coming season. No closed seasons here. Here are a couple of links to last summer: "www.ksl.com/?sid=26386066" and man is that a monster! And another nice Pike: "www.pinterest.com/pin/447263806713741221/". This year should be at least as good. All I need is some luck and perseverance.

You all back there are in need of some good warmer weather to help melt what must be some record ice on the Cass chain so you can have a decent opener. And again Karen and I will be heading to Pike Hole in Sept. You might ask why we travel 1400 miles when we have pretty good fishing right here. Well, living in Chicago we grew up in families that went to Mn. every year. Karen to the Whitefish chain and then later to Itasca county just below Bigfork and my family fished Rush and Little Whitefish lake near Mille Lacs. When I retired out here we just had to go back to our roots of fishing. Frank & Gert at Pike Hole are now, after 10 seasons, two of our very best friends so its every year until we're worm food. HA!

Lastly, (finally, sorry for being long winded), its time to respool & oil the reels, sharpen hooks and start getting gear ready to break this "cabin fever". Fire the boat up the first real warm day and just wait patiently. After all its still months away.

Enjoy the super bowl tomorrow everyone, have some good eats as we will, having Lou Malnaties pizza shipped in and a few Moose Drool brown ales and dream of open water and tight lines. Stay well and stay safe all and we'll see ya on the water. Bob
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I can't believe it has been 3 weeks since I checked the board.

Thanks for the post Bob. You hit the nail when you talked about the cold winter here in the Midwest (and all around the country).
We are indeed getting cabin fever.

We will open my Sis's trailer around April 21st this year (later than usual because I have to take a business trip to Holland in March---but it wil prob still be freezing this March!).

Our deposit is in and we are planning our Cass trip the week of June 7 this year. Nearly all our catch from last year is gone so naturally we need to refill the freezer and if the Good Lord is willing then we will do our best in June again.

Take care all you Crazies out there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: