Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
what a spring

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:10 am    Post subject: what a spring Reply with quote

Since I moved to Minnesota from Colorado in 75, I always said may shower bring june flowers . Colorado is april not may. We did get a nice chunk of much needed rain last week and the ditches are just starting to slow down again. I think the swamps and slouighs are wet again.

The walleye fishing has been outstanding, The grandkids were up for the holiday ,we managed to get out and fish twice .Once with Ashly and I and the other with Cory, Coobee, Aughtum, Britney my grand daughter and Jake my grandson. We fished about 2 hours and kept 14.They had a good time. Cory also caught a elusive upper red lake crappie.
Its about that time of year to target crappies. I'll try and get out inbetween work the next 2 weeks and see what happening.
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lyman and Mary headed home Thursday and had a wonderful time.. The fishing was outstanding.
Greg and Gary left yesterday. They also had outstanding fishing with slip bobbers. I missed a good chance to fish Wednesday. The weather looked sketchy so I did not go out for the elusive but still catchable upper red lake crappie
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow its been a busy month . kelllie and I managed to go after the elusive upper red lake crappie while Jake was here we landed five and kept two for the frying pan.
greg and brent were here fathers day weekend and did real well bobber fishing with night crawlers. Ken and his family also caught fish everyday they were here.
I took Richard,Chris and Chris's son zack fishing for two days. they had a big fish fry with the whole family Friday. Saturday we braved the wind and headed to one of my favorite spots on the north shore. We had not trolled more then 100 feet when Chris land a nice keeper. After landing 4 in a row and a couple sheephead I noticed poor Zack was looking a little green so we called it a early day. Richard cleaned 8 when we got back to shore and they headed home.
last night I had good friends Bob rick and Ty out we managed to keep 8. Rick had the hot hand and it was comical how many bite he had compared to all of us in the boat. Ty did land a 22 inch walleye so I he was excited.he thought for sure it was a sheephead but I told him there's no sheephead in this area a couple times while I he battled the fish.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: