Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
fishing withh all thegrand children

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject: fishing withh all thegrand children Reply with quote

You would think i could put the kids on good fishing once in a while. I had a solid plan to get out after lunch and spend the beautiful afteernoon on the lake. I had also built a snow slide in the yard. After lunch the kids all played on the slide . Foiled again we would go fishing after dinner. With the red baron packed with Kellie,me,Missy,Autum,Ashly,Brittnie,jason,jacob and matty. Crossing the bridge freaked them all out. After getting everyone set matty was a handful. The fishing was horrible with just a couple small dinks caught. Coming in when we went over the bridge they really freaked out as there was close to two feet of standing water hiding the metal plates. It even had me a little nervous.
For the weekend the houses did well again which was great to see. jacob,jenny and gabrial caught over 30 fish, Mike and his family also caught over 30 and maybe closer to 50. I moved california for Dale and his crew and they squekled out a limit by 1130 pm and called it a night. Rick,jason and matt were hitting the road this morning. Matt managed to catch a elusive yet still catchable upper red lake crappie yesterdayis morning to move montana as it has produced well over 150 fish and it bound to burn out. I may just make a small move as dave rolls in around noon. California has only been fished from 2pm tell 1130 pm so i will plan on leaving it there for mark tomorrow
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike you sure had a nice family. It was my pleasure to take care of you.
Yesterday I moved montana as I could not see it catching anymore fish. Wow what a great spot that was. I should learn how to mark those spots with a gps. Oh well I did not move it to far and if anything I did not move it far enough. Dave and his wife Sandy rolled in around noon, After traveling over half way out Sandy was having some second thoughts, I felt bad for her but the best thing to do was get them off the lake as she was just not comfortable.
Hoagies son Mark roll in today and I have them in california for one night, That house has not been fished a straight 24 hours so I left it where it was. Old minnesota is next on the move list followed by california.
Chasing crappies is not on my to do list,Even though there are reports of a few being caught I will keep concentrating on walleye fishing at this time. If any one catches a elusive yet still catchable upper red lake crappie we will consider it a bonus fish.
The trucks sure are getting a work out now as I'm 7 miles from home. The snow just keeps coming it only take a trace when the wind blows to make a mess of things. Oh well I love being out there so thats a plus. Blue thunder is ready for a new set of plugs and that is on the to do list this morning. She's backfirinfg pretty bad and missig on atleast one if not two cylinders. Driving out to move montana i thought for sure I was going to break down but she got me home gotta love those chevy's.
Kellie's step mom and brother are coming up today to spend a few days and lokking forward to catching a few fish with them. Kellie wantted to know why we do not fish in minnesota but if its rented not much I can do unless we fish with the customers. We wlll have a nice dinner out there with them one night as we spend some quality family time with them. maybe I can even get linda to play a game of scrabble.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: