Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
this is the weekend

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:01 am    Post subject: this is the weekend Reply with quote

The weather the next 5 days looks nothing but spectacular. With no wind predicted and two calm days in the books I expect the fish to be snapping this weekend.
I pulled my boat out of the river as it made no sense having it there when I can not access the lake. I do have my brothers 16 foot boat and plan on taking that out of westwind to do some fishing and see if its possible to get my boat "Imagine That" out onto the lake.
Yesterday I saw one whole boat on the lake. Sounds like Bob,Rick and Ty will be up deer hunting over mea weekend.
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took my brothers 16 foot crestline out yesterday . It sure was different running a small boat with tillar after driving my boat for the last few years. It did not take long to catch my first fish on a pink spinner..I then switched to a black and silver rapala and caught a fat 19 inch keeper. I then switched up again and went with a plain hoook and two beads and landed a nice 181/2". So just as I figured with the warm calm days the fishing would be good . I fished for a bit more going after that 4th but I had other things a needed to get done while the nice weather is here. I think I saw two other boats on the lake and saturday she was swamped as there were atleast half a dozen out there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: