Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
fishing was good yesterday

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: fishing was good yesterday Reply with quote

Hey slabby it worked out as I had Jenny ,gabrial and jake on the boat,maybe next time.
With the wind howling out of the southwest we decided to give it a shot, The first thing I did not like how the boat was hitting the lake floor inbetween the waves as we went out the mouth of the river. Once we were on the lake there were some pretty goood waves. We started trolling spinners right away and darn if we did not catch a fish within minutes. It surprised me as we kept getting one here and there as we traveled along.After about 2 hours jenny was not feeling so well so we came in.
We are still seeing quite a few smaller fish in that 13 inch range.
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: june 11th Reply with quote

Talk to 3 different groups of fishermen yesterday and they all said the same thing. The fish quit biting? We did have a windy day friday but they bit good saturday? I do have one gentlemen coming friday for the green cabin and 4 for the blue cabin so that will be nice to have some fishermen here.
Today I was meeting Mike and his camraman for a fall fishing show/commercial but I think the wind is going to keep us off the lake. Tomorrow morning we may get out but only mother nature knows for sure.
4 foot waves in the background does not seem like a good idea with me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: