Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
May 27 - June 2 Report

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eye-doc
Spinner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject: May 27 - June 2 Report Reply with quote

I got back from our annual trip to Cass Lake on Saturday and finally had time to post a report. Group of 4 stayed at Lost Acres on Kitchi for the week. It was tough fishing with several cold fronts and windy conditions early in the week. We managed to take home a limit of walleyes but it took all week. All fish kept were between 15-20". We didn't catch any big eyes this year but caught and released quite a few 12-14"...which is good to see for years to come. Weather finally warmed up on Thursday and Friday and we were able to make it to Cass for some fantastic perch action. We caught most of the eyes in 8-15 FOW with leeches and slip bobbers. Toward the end of the week we picked a few up trolling crawler harnesses. We fished the cabbage patches hard but found most of the fish on the "humps" in Kitchi rather than the weeds. Looks like great weather this week so the guys headed up should have excellent fishing.

Tight Lines-
IndyWalleye
Spinner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the report on your week. Had to miss our week on cass during june this year--really missing the lake so your reports are nice to read. Getting your limit tells me you still had the fun you go to cass to enjoy. Also interested in your perch action. Two years ago my son and i found 10 to 12 inch perch in 7 ft of water on Oneils Point about 11am on a sunny day. action lasted around 1 to 2 hrs, then stopped fast. Hope the wind on kitchi did not keep you off the lake--kitchi sure can be tuff on a southernl windy day. I will make sure I file a report on our week on cass next june. Also would like to ask if there was any bug hatches while you were there,or had the mayflies already happened due to the early spring.
eye-doc
Spinner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indy-
Mayfly hatch had just started on Kitchi (they were the small ones so may have been lake fly or fish fly) We didn't see any on Cass.
MuskyMark
Master Angler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good report eye-doc. Getting ready to head up Saturday morning. Weather looks pretty typical. Way up/Way down. Starting off with 80s and storms... then down to highs in upper 50s/low 60s mid week!.... then back to 70/close to 80 by the end of the week. Should be interesting!

Probably warmer water this year than in previous years... so I'm glad the fish have moved out of the weeds onto the humps or breaks. Easier to find with a live bait rig (crawler) that way. Wink Glad you guys still caught fish on both lakes and had a good time! Thx for the report!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: