Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
not to bad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:24 am    Post subject: not to bad Reply with quote

The year sure has started off well compaired to last year. No one has been skunked and the weather has been unreal. Thats about to change though and she will be a little tougher working out there today.
Nick and Anthony are fishing florida as they arrived yesterday afteernoon. Spent some time visiting them last night. They have fished a couple of other outfits up here in the past. And said i was the first one that ever checked on them . I guess I was surprised about that as I assumed that all the outfits check on the customers. I have never rented a fish house so I base what I do on what I would want. we have another full house this weekend then it tapers off a bit during the week.
The last weekend of Jan.all the houses are open? I guesss there no reason to panic but we sure hate to have empty houses on the weekends. Lee and Tucker were here sunday monday and did ok .Lee had me out for fish monday night in old minnesota and the meal was excellent. they headed home yesterday with 4 real nice keepers. lee did find one very fishy area and I need to decide if I want to slide a house over there.
I sure like where florida is and plan on bringing montana over by it today. Minnesota may go where lee scoutted and california has not been slept in where its at so I may just leave it there for the weekend. The sun is coming up better get to work
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only had two fishermen out there the last two nights. Anthony and Nick. The first night they sadi the rattle wheels went off 7 or 8 times and they got one keeper and missed th erest. I was like dudes you needed to get out ofbed and Jig. Nick sdia they were to tired so lets hope if they had a run last night they got after it a bit.
I was able to move arizona and montana yesterday. I was hoping to leave florida on the same spot but may have to move it today since it has been fished three night by two different groups.
Minnesota will have Pat for 3 days so I will have them fish it the first day where it is and then we may move it saturday or sunday. Caifornia will be used as a day house friday, saturday, sunday and no one has spent the night in it where it is so it will stay where it is for now.
The fishing sure had been better then last year and lets hope that continues. Its nice to see fish coming out of the houses. I'm surprised I have not heard from Jill and her creww as they have been coming up for quite a few years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: