Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
I've been away a while

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Thompson
Angler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: I've been away a while Reply with quote

Well Crazies, I've been AWOL for a while but not for lack of trying to log in and post. There seems to have been somewhat of a software glitch that Scott was kind enough to resolve. Thanks much Scott.

Anyways our trip to Cass/Kitchie was again a great experience with some really nice LMB caught, our target usually, and some nice Pike as well as my first Muskie boated. Although small, only about 30" its a start. Many, many smaller Pike boated and released as almost all our fish are.

I've been enjoying all the joke posts and busting a gut laughing at all of them.

Here's hoping I stay logged in and can continue to post and I'll be posting some pictures as soon as I down load them to Photoshop and then post here.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Years celebration and wish all the finest in fishing and life for the new year.
Bob Thompson
Angler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As promised pictures of a few fish we caught on Kitchie this year. All caught and released except for a few smaller Pike for the table. Not much from Cass as we really have not yet learned that big water very well. Excellant fishing and we must have caught 5-10 smaller Pike every time out, usually twice a day. But thats normal fishing the weedlines mostly. One Muskie too small to brag on, about 30".Still trying though.

Bob Thompson
Angler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys, I should have reduced the picture sizes and last words were One Muskie caught, too small to brag about.
IndyWalleye
Spinner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are some nice size LMB.....pike look healthy also. what wht was the biggest LMB? also what week of the summer did you fish? GOOD pictures-thanks for sharing.
MuskyMark
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pics Bob. I've really started to get into fishing for largemouths up on Cass/Kitchi over the last couple years. They don't get much attention up there (with the excellent crappie, walleye, perch, pike, and muskie fishing available) so it's still a great fishery. And the LMB up there are so much rounder, greener, and meaner than the fish we catch down here!
Bob Thompson
Angler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks much guys. Yes Mark, the LMB do not get too much attention at all and why, I believe they are nice size and healthy. With how we like to fish, run and gun style and almost always shoreline or weedline breaks we catch an abundance of Bass and Pike. We very seldom stillfish.

Indy, the largest Bass was a little over 6 lbs and we generally do the last week in Aug. and the first two in Sept., three weeks total to make is worth the 1300+ mile trip to our old stomping grounds. We grew up in the Chicago area and always fish Minnesota. Tight lines guys and stay warm and safe. Bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: