Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Nice day on the ice, poor bite

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruger1
Spinner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Nice day on the ice, poor bite Reply with quote

Well, my dad, Nicole and I headed up to URL for the day. The bite was poor to say the least, but the day was very nice. Against Cookie's advice dad wanted to head out of the south end so that's where we started. With all the moving houses it looked like we weren't alone in the search for fish. We tried everything I own with no results. Nicole asked to see my box and wanted to try some crazy concoction. I told her have at it, we've got nothing to loose.

Not 10 minutes later and she finally had a fish on the ice. Not what we were looking for but at least it was a fish. She didn't care about it so dad and I figured we'd get a picture for whatever reason.

Not to long after, she lost another after a short fight. We marked a lot of fish all day. I assume they were perch.

All day long the ice was popping and cracking. No big deal what so ever, but Nicole was not appreciative of it. This crack under the wheel was a clean/straight line when we started today.

I wonder if the bite was as poor on the West and North sides. I'd be curious to know if anyone was catching fish between 9:30AM and 2:30PM (that's when we were on the ice).

Like I said it was a great day. However if we were to measure our success by fish on the ice and no broken gear. We had a much better day than this guy.

Last edited by ruger1 on Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope that pic is not on our lake? The area I told you to go was very active yesterday afternoon and minnesota and california were doing

real well when I checked in on them last night. The other two houses wer doing poor and I will be moving them out today
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its been a few years since I have been able to get my house's up towards the north shore. After some scoutting I found a area I liked and hauled california up there. Yesterday old minnesota made the trip. Florida and montana will follow with my new house arizona to bring up the rear.
Last night when I made the rounds Pat and Ryan were way happy with the move.
Jeff and Penny were also having some good fishing and as I visited I even landed a couple of fish on Jeff's rod and reel.
Penny with two keepers.
Florida and montana were not doing all that well. I feel so bad when that happens but theres not much I can do.
Both houses had deccent fishing the night before but nothing to brag about.
ruger1
Spinner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cookie wrote:
Hope that pic is not on our lake? The area I told you to go was very active yesterday afternoon and minnesota and california were doing

real well when I checked in on them last night. The other two houses wer doing poor and I will be moving them out today

Yes sir it is. Just out of JR's.

Here are the deatails on that truck.
Quote:
I figured this would be of interest I heard today that a vehicle dropped through the ice on the South shore. I decided to get some facts before I posted it, after talking to the local neighbors a vechical accessed the lake from there cabin and drove into a area by Jrs Corner a resort on the South shore.

The area was not off Jrs road and in fact Jr had posted the area as a courtesy to others from what the neighbors said even though the signs said do not enter they drove through it like a football through the goal posts and the vechical went for a swim no one was hurt and everyone got out and away from it before it went down.

The road operators post areas for your safety and bridge areas because they need to before it becomes a safety issue. When they post something or ask you to drive slow it is for your safety.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: