Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Day 1 of a full house

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:13 am    Post subject: Day 1 of a full house Reply with quote

Well with only four houses this year it was nice to see all four with some fish. Mike and Verna had 4 keepers in Florida. Richard and his crew had a couple in Montana and a small pike Pat, Ryan and Pat's son Shawn had two keepers. Pat has been a great customer over the years. He has even tried two other outfits that I know of but still comes back to old minnesota. I told Pat they needed to be jigging a bit more as they had set lines down as they played cribbage. Joe and his crew fished california for the day and were gone before I got there. They did have a keeper before I left so that was encuraging. While I was there just as it was getting dark I dropped a line and banged out 3 fish in less then 5 minutes. Keith had given me two fish so I was hoping for two more. After the first one all I needed was one when I had a keeper on my rod and reel. As I was trying to get the hook out the rattle wheel went off and just like that I was over my limit. The one on the rattle wheel went right back down the hole evn though it was a fat 16 I had no choice. I guess it was a nice choice to have.
Getting all the houses ready yesterday morning was a adventure. When I arrived at montana it looked like every piece of snow to the south west had drifted around the house and I had no choice but to move all the snow before I augerd out the holes.
When I got to florida it was just the opposite and there was not a stich of snow within 100 yeards of the house. Minnesota the darnn heater had gone out .We put a new controll valve on it at the tune of 350.00 so I was alittle bummed but the gas man will get it dialed in.
When Joe and his crew arrived I escourtted them to california and all my fishermen were here for the night. Today we have another crew coming for florida,and california.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: