Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Early season special

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:00 pm    Post subject: Early season special Reply with quote

California and florida are on the ice with montana and old minnesota to follow.
Due to the early ice close in and good to great fishing the season is under way. I will now be somewhere on the lake everyday until the season wiends down.
Florida and california are sitting on 14 inches of nice ice.
I have not been out there yet today but we had a little snow and I expect 90% of that snow on the lake has blown to shore as the wind is just a howling at this time. The pressure ridge running south west of california will have some snow drifted in I expect.
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sure feels good to be working on the lake again. Taking florida out brought back memories of the greek and I taking the houses out the first year we built them and how proud grandma would be of us. I thought about that and had to call the greek in alaska and say hello.
Jigglestick and the goose happened by friday eve and needed a bed so they were the first to fish and sleep in florida this year. They caught a couple fish , Gooses has a new toy for there fishing business on winnie. He let me take it for a spin. A new ranger completly inclosed with all the bells and whistles plus mattrax to boot what a machine.
Mike,Sean and there boy fished florida saturday night and only landed 4 keepes and one 37 inch pike.
Met a couple of guys that need
ed a bed saturday night and took care of them.Cody and Derrik They had a new razor and that is now on my wish list. Reminded me of a dune buggy and I would buy one of them over a wheeler anytime.They also were very interested in taking a trip to alaska in the future. I told them the greek will take great care of them. I just happened to have 3 sockeye salmon fillets so they went home with some fish. Bet they did not expect that.They were fishing a portables next to the pressure ridge and did not do as well as last weekend when they were here.
Never heard from Chris after he moved. Ole did gety two keepers last night in a secret spot. If it was secret he must of been fishing with cusin Pete.
My early season special has not produced any thing yet?
Bob will be up tomorrow and Jim will be up tuesday with there crews.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: