Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Wait till next year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Wait till next year. Reply with quote

Not what you think. I am not talking about the Cubs. I really miss not fishing Cass. After my best fishing buddy screwed me, I have missed Cass a lot. As to my buddy, how can he forget that his oldest daughter is graduating the week he said he was open to go fishing. To me, that would be a very important week in his life. I just don't know. Anyway, talking to the wife today, Cass came up. She said maybe next year we can do it again. Have to wait and see.
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you were talking about the Bears, not the Cubs.
Nyuk, nyuk.

You shoulda stayed in touch Ff....we got a MANSION this year.
Room for plenty of Cass Crazies.

Jus got back from my Sis's campground at Woodhaven....Cats were biting and we kept 7...LMB were too but all were way too small....no Gillies t speak of....
Saw a GIANT Grass Carp and it about scared the bejezuss outta me....sure would like to hook into it for some fun though.

T-11 for us, hope MM leaves some for us on Kitchi on PHole Luncheon Monday.
MuskyMark
Master Angler

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

T minus 4 days for me now. Got the boat out on the Chain Sunday morning really early. Had to putz around for 2 hours in the thickest fog I've ever seen on a lake. Did some fishing while out... but mostly just made sure everything checked out in the boat. Water looked beautiful on the Chain though! Super clear. Great weeds. Thought we'd see a fish or two... but wasn't meant to be. When the fog burned off at 9, boats were out INSTANTLY! Loud music and water-skiers too. Made me laugh. That's the Chain for ya! Water won't be clear and weeds won't be nice for long. Got home just in time too (around 10:30). Tried unhooking the boat from the truck but the lightning was just too nasty to risk it. So I watched the automatic bilge on my boat run almost continuously for 1/2 and hour as Ma Nature dumped a couple inches. Wow. That was a gully-washer.

Anyhow. I've got 22 dozen crawlers in coolers ready to go. Boat is ready. Going to start packing up gear tonight. Can't wait to head north. Neither can my 12 year old son. His first trip up. But don't worry Geno... I'll leave plenty of walleyes, rockies and crappies for you on Kitchi. I can't promise that there will be any beer left at the Pike Hole though... Laughing
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck guys. Go get'em. I sure wish we could be there with you. Maybe next year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: