Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
here comes opener

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: here comes opener Reply with quote

Its been a long wait this spring. I did get out once with Jake last week looking for a elusive yet still catchable crappie but we had no luck. Tyler has gottten a few and he deserves them as he has put in 100s of hours over the past three years hunting for them after the ice goes off the lake. We will have a full house this weekend with over 20 fishermen not counting dan and his group camping on our river lot. After monday it slows way down . Sad It seems the lack of winter fishermen is extending into the summer. I have 2 guide jobs lined up. Not so good at this time lets hope things get better.
A full fishing report will follow after the weekend
Harry
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cookie, Ben and I were up for the weekend, Brr..it was cold and windy but with alot of work we caught our limit, then we had a fish fry and ate like pigs, we ate four fish along with five potatoes cut into wedges, we deep fried them also and ate them to! Then we put some mushroom and swiss brats in the cooker...very good. Sunday we went back out to catch four more but with no luck..we had to leave by noon.
We tried to find you on the lake but with the other 500 boats we couldn't locate you!!! We couldn't believe all the trucks in the parking lot, it was unbievable!!! The DNR has done a nice job of making parking lots and the ramps are great. We saw your place was busy when we went by.
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi harry,
yes we had a house full.
Warren and Doug will be leaving this morning back to chicago with there 4 a piece. Then it will be all quiet here untel next weekend.We did well fishing as they were hammering the spinners
I think this was the least traffic we have seen on opener.
Doug was new to walleye fishing and the first fish he got was a 18 incher. I ask him if he new how to hold a walleye so warren could snap a pic and he held it like a large mouth bass and proceeded to get a major gash in his finger. All the guys here did well but had to work for the smaller fish.
Steve and Dan entertain us saturday night with some banjo,fiddle,guatar and singing and I was quite impressed.

Josh and Jake hit a wave so hard on saturday it cracked the back of there small 14 foot boat and they were happy to make it back to shore with out sinking. Paul was able to heliark it at westwind and get them back on the water for the evning bite.
We also had a nice fire down by the lake saturday night.
Jake managed to find one elusive upper red lake crappie as well as Josh landing one. I saw cole and jeremey on saturday and they had gotten 20 before opener. So theres stilll a few out there but you have to work for them
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had Jim, Sten and Dustin up yesterday. We started off drifting jigs and proceeded to catch fish all day long. The strange part as it was 3 out of 5 were keepers. We came into westwinds harbor around 1 and had fresh walleye for lunch. The guys came back to the cabin and took a nap for a couple of hours. We then headed back out and came home with 8 more.There headed home this morning with there 4 a piece plus the four I donoted for lunch yesterday. Could not of asked for a better day and got me out of driving the tractor at the farm for the day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: