Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Bears blow out Packers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:40 pm    Post subject: Bears blow out Packers Reply with quote

Ok, I know its a tad early but, that is how I see it. Hey Gene, I'll bet you a beer the Bears beat the fudgepackers.
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a beer? You are sooooo confident!

Let's make it interesting:
You have to go Rock Bass fishing with me if the Pack wins...deal?
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, you drive a hard bargain. Your on.
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the emails Ff...you know how to hurt a guy.

Looks like it's gonna be BearWeather on Sun....not quite cold enough like the Champ Game GB had with Dallas 'a few yrs ago'.

Hey, what's your cell #?
I'll need to put it in mine so when you call me to congratulate me on Sun I will answer.
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trust me, you won't need a phone to hear me!!!!! I'll be loud enough for all to hear. And after the Bears whoop the pack, I'll cheer them when they make it to the Big Party.
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"..after the Bears whoop the Pack..."
guess you are already in "wait 'till next yr" mode?
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I should have waited instead of jinxing GB, here goes:

Q. Why doesn't Rockford have a professional football team?
A. Because then Chicago would want one.
===
Q. Where do you go in Chicago in case of a tornado?
A. Soldier Field - they never get a touchdown there.
===
Breaking News: The Department of Homeland Security has issued a Bears Fans Riot Warning. This Riot will start Sunday afternoon and continue until next season. Packer Fans will be evacuated into the the safety of the end zone, as the Bear fans dont know where this location is.
====
The three bears had been having some trouble recently and ended up in family court. Momma and Poppa bear were splitting up, and baby bear had to decide who he was going to live with.

So, the judge wanted to talk to baby bear to see what he thought about living with either of his parents.

When he asked baby bear about living with his father, baby bear said "No, I can't live with Poppa bear, he beats me terribly."

"Okay," said the judge, "Then you want to live with your mother, right?" "No way!" replied baby bear, "She beats me worse than Poppa bear does."

The judge was a bit confused by this, and didn't quite know what to do. "Well, you have to live with someone, so are there any relatives you would like to stay with?"

"Yes," answered baby bear, "my aunt Bertha bear who lives in Chicago." You're sure she will treat you well and won't beat you?" asked the judge.

"Oh certainly," said baby bear, "The Chicago Bears don't beat anybody."
===
You guys know why the trees in Wisconsin lean to the south?

It's been determined the Vikings blow and the bears suck.
===
The Chicago Bears football practice was delayed nearly two hours today after a player reported finding an unknown white powdery substance on the practice field. Head coach Lovie Smith immediately suspended practice and called the police and federal investigators. After a complete analysis, FBI forensic experts determined that the white substance unknown to
players was the GOAL LINE. Practice resumed after special agents decided the team was unlikely to encounter the substance again this season.
====
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, OK, you win. THe Bears got outplayed. I may have to join the band wagon, Cutler sucks. Worst part is, having to spend a day rock bass fishing.
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ate 5 of them while watching he game.....you're gonna learn to like it.
The Texan
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not impressed with Cutler at all....hurt knee and can't play, fine....act like a jerk to your team mates on the sideline...not cool....

At least he didn't wipe a booger on his replacement like good ole Sanchez in the night game....amazing....

Texan
Col Ron, Guide

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, my two cents. I don't care how Cutler acts in front of the media as long as he can win, which he isn't in the big games, maybe next year, I still think he has great potential and the best thing the Bears have had as a quarterback for 50 years, I couldn't stand McMahan, talk about a big jerk, wow, how people forget, don't get me started on him. I have some personal knowlege about that moron.

Anyway, my take is that the coaching staff blew the game, if they would have put Hanie in there for the number two quarterback, they may have been able to tie it up. How can you put a 37 year old quarterback in the game that can't move around against an aggressive/ blitzing defense-STUPID, Clearly, it was for a stupid reverse call on 3rd and 4, when they were marching down the field, that may have caused them the game. All is on the coaches as far as I am concerned. Yes, the packers won, certainly not by a lot. The big, powerful g.b. offense scored 14 points.

I'll be fishing on the White River in 5 days, my season is over, I can live with that. Most teams were out three weeks ago, as far as the Super Bowl,

GO STEELERS,

Col Ron
Grouch
Angler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: Super bowl Reply with quote

Hey Gene - what's your guess about Sunday's game?
Gonna wear your cheesehead hat?
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a green sweatshirt, some Green Bay gloves, and a Green Bay knit ski cap....and I'll be sitting in my basement next to my Packer Parking Only sign.
I might even color my beer green.

My guess will be that the team with the best pass blocking in this game will win it.....but the O-Line will not get to do the Disney commercial---it'll be the QB.
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went back and dug this out of our Lighter Side thread from back in 2006:
---------
When babies are born, they have to apply to God and pay him for brains that he gets from people who have died. They have to pay God by the ounce. One day 3 babies are born at the same time and go to God to ask for brains.

Baby1 asks God for brains to be a Packer fan. God tells him that'll be $1,000 per ounce, and the baby pays God and moves to Green Bay.

Baby2 asks God for brains to be a Cowboy fan. God tells him that'll be $100,000 per ounce, and the baby pays God and moves to Texas.

Baby3 asks God for brains to be a Bears fan. God tells him that'll be $1Million per ounce. Baby3 says to God, "Why so much? The Packer baby only had to pay $1,000 and the Cowboy baby only had to pay $100,000. Why do I have to pay $1Million to be a Bear fan?"
And God says to Baby3, "do you know how many Bear fans have to die for me to collect an ounce of brains?"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: