Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Bad timing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:47 am    Post subject: Bad timing Reply with quote

Mother nature reared her ugly head yesterday with a dusting of snow thursday eve followed by 30 mile an hour winds yesterday making a mess of things. With fishermen arriving and parking around all the outfitters fish house and driving in all the trails, roads through the drifts all it does is catch more blowing snow. Ugh really adds on the work load plus all the extra fuel being used.
On a good note kirk and his crew joel,joe skee and tom have had a grand time. They have caught some fish Shocked had a great fish fry, explored a bit on there sleds and just have had fun.
Arron and marvin are out in utah and Tony and chris are in california. We will know how they do later today but last night it was a little slow.
I battled mother nature yesterday as I moved florida over by minnesota and montana as Lee and his crew roll in later today and wanted to be close to each other. It will be nice seeing Lee is runs the mystrydinner theater in mpls and if you ever have a chance check out a show very entertaining. He is a great guy and loves the outdoors.
Dr Phil my help hit the road so I'm winging it on my own. Makes it tough to run blue thunder and the red baron at the same time but god does things for a reason so I will go with the flow.
I have not talked much about blue thunder and the red baron as somtime I think it jinks them so we will see how it goes this weekend. I did get the new chains for blue thunder and man did they soak me 150 dollars with tax ugh.. I also had trouble with all three generators this season and have had them all in the shop ugh. The last one they said it had eaten dirt so I guess theres dirt out on the frozen tundra.
With the season well under way the fishing has been fair to good. With great fishing if you happen to be on a good spot.
I gave the young guys in utah a heck of a deal and told them if they helped I would move them today if they did not do well.
Bel the blueberry eating dog loves the lake but got punished yesterday as she likes to go visit other fishermen shes a great dog but can be stubborn.
We can use some more reservation so do not be affraid to call. my houses have been called condo's on the lake ,Cabins on the ice I like to say its like fishing in your living room.
I will be hitting the lake early this morning as I want to move montana and have 4 house to clean before noon. Zoiks its hard to find good help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: