Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Our first elusive crappie of the year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:14 am    Post subject: Our first elusive crappie of the year Reply with quote

Not targetting crappie but darn if Scott did not catch a elusive but still catchable crappie. Plus he lost another at the hole. I do not think bringing the whole fleet out there would work other wise I would. Will chalk it up as a bonus fish and go from there. I know te wife kellie is jealous. I put a pic on facebook under cookies on upper red lake.
Pat steave and scott jumped around all the houses yesterday. I moved minesota just to see how it would go no my own with out help.
Trevors son Tyler landed a 32 inch pike on a tip up and That was a thrill for him. They were getting some action when I talked to them last night.
Nate and his crew were just passing though on there way to low. Jeff headed down to fish with trader Brad so hope we here a report from him. Last year we did not here from him .He must of had great fishing and did not want to share with us.
I will spend the next couple of days moving the houses around. Montana and florida need to be in the same area for andy and his crew so I think I have a good place picked out. I will fish it for a couple of times before I move in that direction
Trader Brad
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:55 am    Post subject: south shore bite Reply with quote

Hi cookie: Yes Jeff made it to the south west shore. We sent him home with some walleye. we're doing O.K. down there our best day has been 20 fish in one house and we're averaging 5 to 10 a day with some nice northerns thrown in. In the last week or so we got a 39" a 42" and a 34" plus a few smaller ones. Jeff showed us pic's of the rattle snake bite!!! I don't know how he still has a finger after that!!! We got off the ice yesterday after two blizzards with alittle help from Chads V-plow! Its getting alittle harder to move around out there!!
cat eyes
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice report trader you should report more often
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Brad thanks for the report. Yes I could not beleave those pics of jeffs finger. It was the size of a cucumber.
Were battleing mother nature this year but I guess thats nothing new. We have all the house on new spots again after the wicked weather. Will see haw ben and his wife did later today. Brian is also up and we will see how they are doing. Dr phil took the grand kids out to montana last night and I willbe heading out there shortly to wet a line.
Andy and his crew did not do so well over the new years. they marked quite a few fish but they refused to bite. They did manage to have a fish fry with a few perch thrown in. They rode out the storm like troopers and had a good time as next week Andy willl be a married man.
slabby
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should report a little more too cat eyes. How do you catch 20 walleye a day Very Happy
I missed jeff by a day but rode out the blizzard with Trader Brad(or just Trader for short) Wink Good time as usual with the boyz.
after making 4 stops for some bigger shinners on the way up, it seemed them northerns preferred suckers. or maybe it was just the finesse touch of mark and cat eyes Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: