Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
were seeing a little more activity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:40 am    Post subject: were seeing a little more activity Reply with quote

Yesterday there were a few sleds out on the lake.I'm hearing anywhere from 7 to 10 inches of ice with some areas on the shakey side. Today is only the 8th of Dec. so theres still plenty of winter to make ice.
I spent monday detailing out old minnesota and firing up the new furnace. It got nice and toasty in there as I cleaned and watched a old rockford files on the vcr.
Dr Phil is back from his road trip so we will keep busy prepping a few things around here for the up and coming season. He is also chewing at the bit to wet a line so he may venture out in front of our place later today with the potable.
Norm and his buddy are going to stop by tonight on there way to lotw. It will be nice to see storming Norm as he did not make it up last summer.
Dr. Phil and I are going to put new runners on our day house new york. Kinda silly waiting tell winter sets in to tackle it but it turned out they were worse then I thought so it has to be done if we want to take it on the lake.
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil has been getting out and doing some scoutting /fishing. Everywhere he has fished he has found some action so thats a good sign. The temp have been - 20 so that should be making a little more ice. We dodged all the snow the cities got so that was huge. Once we start to see a average of 12 iches we can think about driving on the lake .Untell then it we will stick to the sled.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: