Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
The month that never was.....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: The month that never was..... Reply with quote

So we lost our posts since about Aug 24....dang computers! Modern technology...isn't it wonderful?
Like my best bud always says: "glad I ain't gonna live forever".

But really, too bad about the posts on Grouch's, Bob's, and MM's fall trips...and losing the pics.
With Fall underway, we won't have much more time for fishin' so 'tween now and then, if anybody gets out, please share your experiences: I NEED MY FIX! And the doc says I just may need to go for a "treatment". So with a little luck I have one more trip to my sis's campground and, if I go, I will report.

As negative as I started this post, I gotta remember that life is good...It's better than the alternative that is for sure.
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I got my first PC, I thought it was pretty neat. Something fun, but it would never replace paper files. Well, its taken a while, but I am now hooked, the heck with paper files. PC forever. When something goes wrong, I am lost. Never ever thought that would happen. Oh well, life goes on.
Grouch
Angler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject: ffishman Reply with quote

Computer Rule #1 -BACKUP-
Would you go fishing without a spare rod & reel?
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think, after recently noticing how much time has truly passed between posts that still display now, we need to have the title of this post changed from
The month that never was
to
The Summer that never was.

I guess since we didn't have our annual PHole luncheon, I suppose it is only fitting that the summer jabberwocky has been erased here.

What I keep backed-up in my memory banks is that we had another great Cass trip. It rained for about 5 of our 7 days in early June but we still slugged 'em.
We didn't get as many LMB as usual and failed to run into the Crappies, but the Rock Bass more than made up for them two and the Gills we finally discovered on our last afternoon in Dick's Bay were pretty big and tons of fun.
Oh yeah...and I sure missed seeing Kate this yr.
MuskyMark
Master Angler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, I concur with you geno. The summer that never was seems to have either led to, or was preceded by, a mass exodus of our Cass Lake "regulars." Not sure where everyone went, or if they're even still fishing in MN... but there's only a couple of us who have anything to say now.

The winds of change are always blowin' I guess.
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on Mark.
At least some of us are still as Crazie as the day we met!

As to our Crazie group, I know we have that Cass bond and probably always will. And with some newcomers contributing over time, many who fish diff time periods on Cass than we do, I hope I can always get my "fix" on Invo.

I will say it was real nice with our group but staying in touch, like all friendships, is more and more difficult as time goes by and lives take diff turns at the T-intersection.

I hold onto the closeness we have all developed and hope someday maybe.....dare I think it.....a Crazie reunion?

I hear Discovery's "Deadliest Catch" is losing steam so maybe it would be a best-selling reality show??
Nevadafisherman
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok...I humbly come before you all to apologize for "disappearing". I wish I had an excuse that had to do with fishing or hunting but honestly it's all work-related. Summers are busy times for me (I am a youth pastor) so I do a fair amount of traveling PLUS the weather was so good this year and I did fish a little more than usual (strictly bass). I was in NYC for a missions trip...then to Guatemala.... BUT I am always checking in to read any updates or reports!

My Oath... I promise to:
Be more available with posting
Invest more time in the friendships I have with you all
Take more Rockies to make Gene happy Smile

Hope you are all doing well! I am spending quite a bit of time in my tree stands looking for mister buck.

Tim
Col Ron, Guide

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am headed up a different tree, about 900 miles south of you in Carbondale. Yep, decided to go back there Tim. Jim Edgar Conservation Area has big deer but, if you are bow hunting by yourself, it is a struggle to get them out of the woods. The good hunting spots have parking areas about a mile away from the beginning of the woods...So by the time you get to your stand, you know what condition you are in...HOT. Headed to Carbondale on Sunday, Haloween, my son reminded me of the parties in Carbondale at SIU for Haloween, nah, not for me I will probably be in the rack at 9:30pm, when most of the students are "taking the street". Would be fun to go back about 40 years though!!!

Hopefully, I will bring back Joe Buck.

Best to all,

Col Ron
PS: There are so many deer in Bull Shoals, Ar. at our place that they are opening up bow season, in town, to cut down on the herd. Shooting a nice Buck in your back yard...SWEEEET.
The Texan
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simmer down boys Very Happy
Nevadafisherman
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Col. Ron,

Good luck! We got ten great days ahead of us as the rut should kick on here in a few days. I am seeing more and more deer every day. Had a bunch of does running around me yesterday morning. I've got bucks on my trail cameras and now it's just putting in the time.

I need an excuse to come visit you and now i've found it. Deer hunting. I'm just an invite away!!!

Hope you get Bucky this week!

Hey Texan...good to hear from you!
MuskyMark
Master Angler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. Good to hear from all of you guys. I'm already doing battle in my own brain. Take out the dog and the gun for pheasants? Or take out the boat and the rods for muskies? It's a tough choice... but I know I still have a time or two on the water before I call it a year.

Hope everyone gets a chance at both fins and feathers/fur before the year is over. Lets see some pictures too! Very Happy
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mark, wasn't last Sat. the tournament on the chain? Did you go? If so, how did you do?
MuskyMark
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey ff. I have the fortune of being in charge of maintaining the tournament registration database and paperwork. So I'm there to get everyone signed in and take walk-on sign-ups. Then I launch all the boats in order. But I didnt' fish the event itself. Trying to save $ and I had other family obligations that day.

Ended up with 46 boats. 9 fish caught over 30 inches. Not good... but it's still musky fishing... so it could have been worse. Biggest fish was 43 inches. Winning team caught 3 fish. All within a 2 hour window around noon.

Maybe I'll fish the spring event. That usually has between 70 and 100 boats and a pretty good catch rate (and payout for winning). We'll see.
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's too bad. Maybe next year. Did you see the Oct issue of In-Fisherman. Some guide caught a musky in Lake Michigan, 57.5 in long. The estimate the weight around 70 pounds. That is one big fish.
MuskyMark
Master Angler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy Smokes! No... I did not see the pic or the article... but I'll be looking for it now! Thanks T.

ML
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: