Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
day 76

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:48 am    Post subject: day 76 Reply with quote

I will be heading out later today to check on Lee and Calvin.They arrived last night. We will come up with a plan on where they want to auger holes. I'm thinking they should try down the trail I made when I cooked the tranny in the red baron. I saw quite a few areas that intriqued me. I went all winter with out getting a cold but have one now . Better now then mid winter.
Darrin and his brother are going to spend the night in montana so I need to auger those holes and it will be interesting to see if they have any action. California ended up getting two crappies where it was so thats a area to also look at. There's basicaly 40 thousand acres or more out there that have never seen a line this year. The elusive yet catchable upper red lake crappie has a huge advantage out there. We never had the rough ice form from the wind and I have not seen any dirty ice in two years. There was one area that had rough ice and I sent ryan over there last weekend they popped off two keeper walleye right away and that was it. I did not expect them to find a crappie as it was only 8 feet of water
I never got to fish out of beacon harbor like I had planned. There had been a few elusive crappie caught out there with one guy coming in with 6. I have to get over there this week and look around.
Theres still plenty of snow out there and I can't wait tell it get mushy . It 's fun when you drive through it and its like driving through mash potatos.
Just like every other year every things are a little more worn out including me. the augers need attention.the trucks need to be babied the chisel are dull. The tire chains are a little looser. the trucks use a little more oil. theres tools scatter about . I need to start thinking about where i will store all the houses and need to clear spots for them.
The Greek
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: Fishing in mexico Reply with quote

Hey cookie
Having a blast down here. Fishing is good with fresh tuna on the table. How is my dog doing. Is she having fun out on the lake. Glad to hear that a few crappie are being caught. Will give you a call later when i come to town next week.
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey Bill the dogs fine. Glad your enjoying it and will talk to you later this week
angela88

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx for sharing with us!

Watch Online Gossip Girl
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: