Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Day 70

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:46 am    Post subject: Day 70 Reply with quote

Day 70 and I'm still busier then a beaver. If you have noticed I do not talk to much about blue thunder and the red baron
yesterday While killing time I decided I wanted to plow more to the north west. The red baron did not seem like it was working that hard but darn if I did not overheat the tranny again. I was able to limp her home.Tonyboy dropped the pan while I was in town picking up some synthetic fluid. After putting it back together we headed out to move idah and old minnesota. theres now a huge puddle of fluid under the red baron and I need to address that when it gets light out. Darn the luck.
All the house are now on fresh spots for the final weekend of walleye and pike fishing.Bill and his crew did not do all that well in california wednesday night. I again had high hopes for that area. I had a spot all plowed out to move new york our day house and coming off the lake I noticed a pull beheind parked right on the spot so it will be interesting to see how they did. theres so many areas I have plowed that I can not cover them all.
Tony and I will take utah way out where I overheated the tranny. After all that work I better fish there atleast all weeekend. Were crossing our fingers we see a few more crappies this weekend out in the main basin.
We now have to auger all the holes this morning and greet our customers as they arrive. Should be another fun weekend
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yesterday was just one of those days. The red baron is down again? Things just did not click all day. Tonyboy outfished me 4 to 0 as I could not buy a bite 10 feet away from him. The one plus is he cleaned all the fished and we had westwind prepare us a feast. James jim,ryan and Dan got a crappie within 15 minutes of being in the house. Idaho is jinxed this year . Florida and montana were again marking fish that would not bite.
John and his son did not do well scoutting all day. I ran into Cole and Jeremey they fish hard and had 5 crappies. New york was also marking fish that would not bite. I sure was hoping that the fish would turn on for me this weekend. I guess its just one of those years. My sister is coming today so I will be wetting a line with her in california. Most of the crew I have this weekend will get out today and pop some holes so I sure would think they will find somew fish.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: