Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
coming up with a plan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:21 am    Post subject: coming up with a plan Reply with quote

As everyone packs up today we have a turnover of 5 sleepers. Old minnesota,florida,and montana need to be in a group for the crew of 12. idaho needs to be on a fresh spot and california also needs fresh spot. hoagie says he will help me but moving 5 houses in less then 4 hours and cleaning etc is just to much. if we can get three done today that would be fantastic. I stopped in yesterday to montana after moving old minnnesota and the guys were playing crads. While visiting I noticed the line on a rattle wheel move and ask Duwayne if I could land the fish? He commented that the ratle wheel did not ding. I gave it about two inches of line and set the hook on a nice 19 inch walleye. What a great bunch of guys I have had this weekend I sure wish I could spend more time with everyone but somtimes it does not work out. i better get busy
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welll it was a shame to move old minnesota but with Hoagies help we brought it back to the group. Andy said they did real well right before dark then the fish got tight lipped. Seems its been that way all year. Hoagie also helped me move Idaho for Eric angie and there two boys Ryan and Dillon. What a nice family and I hope they can come back for more then one day. the move paid offf for shell rock hoagie and deb they got 8 keepers and a jumbo perch. Florida and monatana did not do so well so yesterday they were on the move. hoagi had enough from the day before and was in no shape with his bad knee to help. Steve steeped up to help but after moving montana he was wheezing pretty good. he did get a second wind and managed to help with florida. they agaoin did not have the fishing that old minnesota had but all were having a grand time. Steve said the odds of doing well are not so good as he ice fishes 1 and 1/2 days a year. the trip they make up here. Tonight I have plans to take a local fishing. He has had some medical problems over the past years and I thought I could take him fishing, Karen and Joe have florida so I will be able to check on them while there out there. They have the house from a donation I made for jessie jenson last year. Brian is here in idaho .
The plans today are agin to start moving houses for the up and coming last weekend of walleye. It will be a busy 4 days as we got just enough snow with the right wind and temps it will be me against mother nature and we know who wins that battle everytime.. I dreamed last night I had two helpers show up and I did not know how I was going to pay them both? Crazy dreams. Eric has been fishing in california he came up alaon and has had enough action to keep him happy. I told him he could also use new york and utah but he was cotent relaxing in california. thsi is the last year for california as Tony is taking down to milacs. the fleet is slowly shrinking which may make some happy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: