Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Day fortyfives fishing report

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject: Day fortyfives fishing report Reply with quote

We made it through another weekend. It was nice to see Jill and her crew again. Such a nice group of people they use to be russs and beaver customers and I still owe russ and judy a lobster dinner for there referrals. Maybe we can hook up in brainard this summer.
Idaho had Willard,Rodney and Glen.Willard thinks the house can not catch fish but glen managed 3 keepers .Utah had Jill ,Sandy, Kay and Kays son Trent. This was Kay's first time here and she was a very nice lady that really had a nice time. Minnesota Had Kurt and his two Kid Collin and Kendra All the kids caught atleat one fish. Jill and kay tangled withg a large piike and had it upp the hole before it shook loose and got away. They had a grand fish fry saturday evning and ate 12 walleyes. They took home a few but not even close to how many they could of taken home with 10 people. It sounded like they will be back next year and I will look forward to that.
Ben's crew had montan,california and florida.
Jill's crew had there best fishing from midnight tell 2 am amd a nice little run at 5 am. Friday night at midnight I had to go out to califonia as one of the guys and accidently knocked the flume
back of the furnace, when I got there they were having a great time with one line in the water. They could of had 14 lines down Question With the music blairing and 7 guys yucking it up the fishin was not to good for them. They were having a grand time.
Ben,Jeff Aron and jason had montane and caught a couple, Dustin,Dillen, Matt and crying brian probly fished the hardest and managed to have some action satueday night with Dustin landing a 21 incher to tak ethe money. California was rocking and I'm not sure if they ever caught a fish.Pat Derrick,Bob and matt were to funny. when I was repairing the furnace they dumped all the minnows on the floor. they had one line in,and a beautifull hummingbird running with no line down.. they left yesterday and said they had a great time and see you next year.
Brian and his son Chase came up with there wheek house what a beauty and grabd lodge .they managed a coulpe keepers and a couple fish over 18 and all in all had a grand time. JJ and Grizz were up with some kids saturday and had fun playing football and even caugt a few fish. kellie and I had crappie and walleye for supper last knight as ryan caught a crappie at the end of westwinds road.he alos said two of his houses caught a crappie or two?
Grizz
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks cookie for the plowed spot to park and a location on some fish. We ended up just catching the four and kept 3. However the vexliar was heating up with a lot of fish coming in when we had to leave. We stayed till 6:30 and i lost a fish at 6:20 at the bottom of the hole and one of the kids lost a fish as well.

We also had a few missed fish while the boys played football then came back and there bobbers were gone and minniows gone as well.

Anyways i know the boys had a blast thanks to cookie for the help and Ron at the bait store for donating the bait for our trip. Can't wait to make another trip up but i would deff. want to come and stay for the night bit.
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I moved california out to that area yesterday. The guys got one but marked a ton of fish? Ed and his buddies will be fishing it today so we will see how they do.
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed and his crew ended up with 4 and said they should of had 12. I sent Denny and his crew out there and they got a couple and went home with 10 the greeek and put utah out there last night and he got 3 while I relaxed and got none. i did miss one on the rattle wheel.
We have no one in idaho the weekend and no one in utah? Give me a call and we can wheel and deal?
The greeks back is not doing so well and I have a feeling it could be a long three weeks. My back always hurts and looking at him makes mine hurt even more.
Lee stopped at Winnie and hooked up with jigglestick/ dave and managed 12 keeper perch plus 20 he let go. He says he will be back with Chris even if he has to kidnap him. I better fix the light under the august holland pic in old minesota..
One of the great things about this business is the fishermen that become good friends. lee has become a great friend and I for one plus kellie hope to enjoy his company for years to come. We are allready planning are next trip to the gunflint trail/boundry waters next fall.
The greek has been pitching our business in alaska and will be heading that way in may. Check it out naturesventures.com
you could not find better host then the greek and his wife leah
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: