Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Wow day 17

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Wow day 17 Reply with quote

Another great weekend has gone by. Andy and his crew had Idaho and old minnesota. What a great bunch of guys. This was there third year and it sounds like they will be back again next year. They seemed to be having a great time every time I checked in on them. We did have a little trouble with the temps dropping down to minus 38 but I was able to fix the problems with the generators with some good old fasion fishermen ingenuity and a little down time. The best fishing was after dark . Not sure how many fish they landed as they hit the road while I was helping out a few fishermen that were having other problems due to the cold weather this morning.
Jonny boy came up with his girlfriend and our granddaughter Ashly. Ashly got one nice keeper in california the picture of the fish is now on the bottom of upper red lake stored forever in Jordons camera. It was slow in california as they only landed 4 fish. I was out there teaching ashly how to use the vexlar. We marked a fish but could not get it to bite.
Pat,Pond,Nancy and Ponds wife did real well new years eve in Florida although Pat hurt a rib diving for a flash lite going down the hole plus a battery charger. They did not do near as well the second night. Jake and Steve fished florida last night and had 4 in the bucket when they pulled out this morning. Plus Jake lost a nice thorn brothers rod down a hole when a fish took it. Motana had Mike ,Sara,Jeff and Jackie they loved the house and said the would like to book for next year even though at the time they had not gotten a fish Very Happy Sara had the hot hole and caught 20 fish for the weekend. I think the rest may of gotten 20 between them all. They also had a nice bucket of fish to take home and donated a cell phone to the lake for 3 hours until they were able to scrape it off the bottom with there homemade phone retrieving tool made out of duct tape and metal pieces of a lawn chair. Glad it was not one of my chairs Laughing
Utah out of beacon harbor had Todd and mark they got a few fish but he was not fast and furious buy any means. Steve and the guys fished california last night and I set them up in Idaho for the morning after we got there truck running. they watched part of the vikings game before they headed back home to duluth.
Josh made it up and struggled to get his house out of the woods. I was able pull it out of the woods with blue thunder as they were struggling with it. from there it all went down hill as they got stuck in a snow bank for a hour and broke a runner. Then they got all set up and at 2 am with the temps in the - 30s had heater problems. They decided they better head home and it turned out the heater core was out in the truck so it was a extra long cold drive home.
We had couple of problems with mother nature but made it through to fight another day.
Brady D
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you need to take those magnets out from under the holes so they stop sucking everybody's stuff into the lake! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: