Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
day 6 already

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject: day 6 already Reply with quote

Jim,Randy and Stan headed home yesterday with just a couple of walleyes. Again the fishing could of been better in the area were at but it just has not panned out. They did have a big big pike up to the hole before it broke there line on a ratttle wheel. Actually they lost two big pike but said one was a monster. They were fishing with big suckers in the house and that may of atributed to the slow fishing. I have never thought its a good idea to fish for pike in the house as some times they will camp under the house. And if I were a fish I would not want to swim up to a fish that could eat me in one gulp.
Again it sounds like the better walleye action is out deeper and I'm still not comfortable taking such heavy houses out further at this time.
I will be taking new york out this week as well as california and will set them out deeper to see if theres any truth to the rumor. I now have a few days to reorganize before business picks up. Utah is out of beacon harbor and we told Dean if he has a chance he is more then welcome to rent it out or fish in it.
I will have to take the tire chains off of blue thunder and go move it this week although we only fished it one morning and one evning. The way I look at it as we did not get nothing so its not a fishy area. All though we did mark a few fish they may of been minnows for all we know. Theres a lot of space out there and they could be hiding anywhere
Brady D
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Glad to be back on here Reply with quote

Finally found my way back to this site! Good to hear that there's some new owners on the north side. Do you know if the fish houses on shore are all still there? We have one that all it did was sit on shore the last couple years and maybe now we can use it and do some more fishing on Red again. Will Dean be able to pull it out for us do you think? We're planning to head up there after Christmas and hitting Winnie then up there to visit the new place and wet a few lines!
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brady I'm sure he would. Whats the name on your house? I have only noticed one sitting over there? There may be more and I just did not notice
Brady D
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be Dave Duesterhoeft. It's 8'x18' and tan siding.
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that sounds like the house I saw sitting there. I will check it out next time I'm over there
Brady D
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Cookie. I found their number and Dad called up and talked to Dean this morning. Looks like we're going to wait a day before we head up though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: