Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
butterfly's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: butterfly's Reply with quote

Not sure what to think of all the snow. Since I can't controll mother nature we will have to deal with it the best we can. Until I go on the lake I have no idea what to expect. I would think building up any snow bank would be a bad idea. Lets just hope its not as bad as I can imagine. I guess I better get outside and come up with a plan. Saty tuned as this will be interesting at best
Buck
Spinner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure one can do to much planning when mother nature takes her course as she has the past 3 or 4 days. Good luck and be safe out there Cookie, there's an awful lot of weight out there on that ice sheet.

Buck
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I made it through day 9. I now have california and new york on the lake. Old minnesota was flooded just like I had expected as the heat was on and the holes were augered. The weight of the drift made a mess of things but with Jonny boys help we moved it on to dry ice Question
I had to plow about a mile to the house and never saw any slush so that was a good sign.
Hillmens were at it hard throwing all the snow to the south and again that will be a area of concern for any one that might attemp to cross. The snow bank will crack the ice and sink causing a 4 foot slush pockets along the whole road. If you neeed to fish that way pay hillmens or try the new resort beacon harbor. Dean started his road yesterday but had a setback when his engine compartment caught on fire. He spent a better part of the day repairing the damage and is up and running again. Ravlins has also teamed up with them and has houses on the north shore. I will be scoutting out there this winter as well as Tony and the greek.
Day 10 looks just as busy as day 9 as Pat will be rolling in as well as Nathen. Idaho will be the next house to go on the lake and it weighs 8700 hundred pounds Shocked Brian and is crew will be coming to fish it tomorrow afternoon . Dan and his crew roll in for florida and montana Monday so I need to get all the snow drifts away from those houses so I can auger the holes. Utah is out of beacon Harbor and I expect flooding around that house unless I got lucky and the holes glazed over before the snow drifted. Hindsight I should Of dug away some of the banking to let the cold air in. I did double block it knowing its so far away it would be hard to check on it. That will not be a issue when my help is here but they are in christmas vaction. Time to do my back excersizes and get to work
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: