Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Check out the pike Jonny P landed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Check out the pike Jonny P landed Reply with quote

To all interested in what we have to offer here on upper red lake. Jonnny P landed a 46 inch pike while filming for iodfishing. He has jumped ship from fishing somthing and has deversified. His writing is second to none and proves he knows what he's doing or as he said a blind squirrel gets lucky once in a while.
Thanks for doing such a good job promoting the area and merry cristmas to you and your family.
sandman
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Picture? Reply with quote

Hey Cookie, could you please post a photo of Johnny P's pike. A picture would do a lot more for promoting the trophy quality that Red has. A lot of people do not realize how big a 46" pike is until they see it held up to a human for the "scale". Thanks and a merry Christmas to you and yours!
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People will have to check it out at idofishing as I'm in the dark ages and it way to complicted for me to post any pics
urlman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cookie wrote:
People will have to check it out at idofishing as I'm in the dark ages and it way to complicted for me to post any pics

Here's the link, if that helps http://www.idofishing.com/videos/viewvid.php/Number/845423/fpart/all

that pike is the biggest ice pike I've seen. Way to go Jonny!
Jonny P
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Picture? Reply with quote

sandman wrote:
A lot of people do not realize how big a 46" pike is until they see it held up to a human for the "scale".

And I am a six foot a 230lbs! That thing eats babies for sure!

Thanks Cookie for the kudos on the pike, even though that one was launched into stardom via the video camera Myself, Cookie and Tyler see a lot of 40" in class pike come through the guide boats in the summer and who knows how many trophy class pike are landed in the wintertime on URL but itís a number of epic proportions.

Gotta love Upper Red Lake, world class walleyes, trophy pike running rampant and the chance at some of the biggest crappies in the nation.
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to keep this toward the top so everyone can enjoy watching a fish of a lifetime coming out of red lake and then seeing it released. Remember If you release a fish over 40 inches You can get a beautifull pewter pin just for releasing a trophy fish. You can proudly where it on your jacket or hat. I have mine whos next
ruger1
Spinner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Picture? Reply with quote

sandman wrote:
Hey Cookie, could you please post a photo of Johnny P's pike. A picture would do a lot more for promoting the trophy quality that Red has. A lot of people do not realize how big a 46" pike is until they see it held up to a human for the "scale". Thanks and a merry Christmas to you and yours!

Sandman, here you go.
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: This aired on tv last sunday Reply with quote

What a beautiful fish
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: