Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
question for cookie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cat eyes
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: question for cookie Reply with quote

who is using jeffs place this winter i see a ad in the outdoor news for aggasiz fish house rental with a twin cities phone number is jeff back????? Question
Harry
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another question for Cookie is; I heard that Hudecks was sold??
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Harry,
As far as I know Jeff is staying where he is at. It may be ryan a friend of his . Yes I swung into hudecs to meet the new owners but they were not around. They had a small write up about them in the paper a couple weeks ago . It sounds like they have big plans, I will swinging in there again to welcome them to the area.
cat eyes
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with hudecs reopening that wont make his neighbors to the south very happy.that will be there crappie highway now and you know as well as me you CAN'T cross the road Laughing
Jonny P
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually had a chance to sit down with Dean and Debbie the other day, great people with a HUGE amount of work ahead of them although they are making progress by leaps and bounds. It is nice to see the old place coming back to life. We also had a chance to talk about this winter a little bit and it sounds like everybody is very excited to get plowing and nobody foreseen any problems just a lot of ambition to get on the ice and get some ice fishing done so Iím not sure who is supposed to be unhappy?
Helmetguy16
Spinner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with cateyes. Word around the frozen tundra of the mighty Red is you can't cross roads or else some people think you must pay 2 places an access fee. Best of luck to the new owners of Hudec's. They definitely have access to some of the best crappie grounds left on URL. IMO

p.s.- Johnny P: Welcome to InvoMinnesota Laughing
Jonny P
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helmetguy16 wrote:
you can't cross roads or else some people think you must pay 2 places an access fee.

Well thats kinda silly? Why wouldnt you just use the acces that has plowed a nice road out to where you want to fish instead of leap frogging from road to road? That way you just pay your access fee and go fishing where you want to go? It will be nice as the owners of what was Hudecs (new name in the works) will hit the tight north shore with fingers going south I'm guessing, Hillmans will run out nine miles straight west with branches north, Cookie will plow out to the gravel flats, Westwinds most likely will head to the rock piles and the south shore boys will hit the fourteen million southern rock piles and center bar. Basicaly the entire lake should be covered from what I can see.
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personnly would like to fish out of hillmens road but for some reason I'm not welcome? I purchased a v-plow but then was still turned down. I'VE ALWAYS ASKED BUDDY IF HE NEEDED ANY HELP JUST ASK. Why wouldn't I want to be on the best ice road in minnesota. Since the lake is public once your on the lake I have no choice but to cross roads if I want to go north or south. I guess its a catch 22 for me. DAMMED IF YOU DO. DAMMED IF YOU DONT. I would think they would want the people I bring to the area to stop at there place. Maybe the new owners of hudecs would welcome the business. I know westwest appreciated it when I was out of there.
theiceman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would have to agree, when you get on the lake wherever that may be, you should be able to go where you want. It seems like politics to me. people get all flustered. Nobody's dippin in anybodys kool aid, we just want to fish, we love it, thats who we are.
Philly Dog

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, welcome to Johnny P...haven't seen much of you on the other Forum.

I have fished Hillman's road and fished with Cookie out of his road. Caught fish on both, had a good time on both. I'll be back to URL, but right now my plan is to go back with Cookie. He treated us very well on his road.
Jonny P
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philly Dog wrote:
Yeah, welcome to Johnny P...haven't seen much of you on the other Forum.

I am diversifying and working with a few different forums now along with trying to answer questions or concerns on all of the forums. Should keep me busy at night! Shocked
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Jonny P. I've always liked your style of writing and we willl all enjoy your insight.
How did you guys do deer hunting this year? I still have not had a shot. First time since I started bow hunting 30 years ago. I have had a blast shooting at grouse though.
How did you guys do for crappies last winter?
Jonny P
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cookie wrote:

How did you guys do deer hunting this year?

Lets just say I am glad my income comes from fish and not deer.
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always said if you like hunting this is a great area to hunt. If you like killing your better off hunting somwhere else. I guess thats why the cabins sit empty every fall.
Grandma always had hunters. But looking at her books she basically paid them too stay here the way she fed them."Imagine That"
I was wondering how you would step around the crappie question? Again well done you ansered without disclosing how you did?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: