Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Sound... of silence
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MuskyMark
Master Angler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Status Check! Reply with quote

Thought I'd throw out an update.

Just bought a 1999 Lund 1800 Pro V SE (150 Yamaha). Picking it up on Saturday!

Going up to Cass on Tuesday. Praying the weather isn't QUITE what they're predicting (Snow, rain, wind, low temps in the single digits!). I've got plenty of clothes for that stuff... but your standard "soft-water" fishing gear starts breaking down when it gets that cold. Going to bring up some de-icer for the reels!

So what's everyone else up to?
Grouch
Angler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: casting Reply with quote

Sounds like a real trip. Do you ever troll for Muskies? Or just cast all the time?
MuskyMark
Master Angler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We usually try a few different approaches. But most of the time we'll do a mix of casting or fishing with suckers. Just haven't had the urge to spend equal time trolling since we've done pretty well on the other two approaches. Who knows though. If it's cold enough this year, suckers and/or trolling may be the predominant options. Looking forward to giving them all a crack anyhow.
BlueDuck
Angler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey MM,
Maybe (if you have the room) you should take the Grouch with you, since he
professes to like the cold and harsh weather so much Very Happy Twisted Evil

He says none of his regular fishing buddies will go with him.
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mark, are you taking the new boat?
Nevadafisherman
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mark.... Good luck up north. I have put the boat up for the season and now I am spending time in the woods sitting in a tree stand looking for bucky and laying in a ground blind trying to shoot at some Canadians. Once I get something I will post some pics.
BlueDuck
Angler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brrrrrr, I just checked out the weather forecast for the next two weeks, looks downright chilly
on the Cass Lake Chain. Should be some good musky fishing.

Good Luck Mark. Stay warm.
MuskyMark
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if I'm taking the boat or not. Already had plans to fish out of my buddies boat. I'm still in the process of upgrading to a better towing vehicle... but I won't have that done by next Tuesday. So with the weather forecast, chances are I'll get my first chance to fish in the new boat on a local body of water in early November.

Either way, I can't wait to get up there. Going to Cabelas this weekend to buy some extra gear. I'm dangerous in that place... Twisted Evil
BlueDuck
Angler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I know what you mean. I dropped the wife off at Woodfield Mall recently and went to Cabelas.
She is still nagging me about all the stuff I bought. I go nuts in there. Laughing
Grouch
Angler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:30 am    Post subject: shopping Reply with quote

It's dangerous for anybody who fishes or hunts to go into Cabelas or Bass Pro without his wife along as a deterent to blowing the budget all in one day!
But it's such fun!!!
MuskyMark
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And as more incentive, I currently have gift certificates amounting to $250 at Cabelas!!! Oddly enough, regardless of the amount of the gift certificate... I always seem to justify spending well over the gift amount when I visit. It's like I feel bad spending other people's money... so I have to bleed some of my own cash. Very strange.
Bob Thompson
Angler

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck on your trip Mark. Hope you do real well. There should be some really big boys waiting for your baits whatever they will be. For me after casting for a while in the real cold I just have to give the cold hands a break so I will troll some just to be able to warm the hands some usually with one of those chemical hand warmers. They work well and last quite a while.

One of the things I would troll with is my 10" Jake in Cisco/Shad color and probably just off the weed lines if the Cisco have migrated to the shallows already. Lighter colored suckers might be trolled also and I believe maybe both very slowly. Although the Skies are eating well to firm up for the winter the cold water probably has them somewhat lethargic right now.

Just some thoughts that you probably have already considered. After all YOU ARE "The Muskie Mark" Laughing

Duck and Goose hunting is well under way here and most are putting their bows and rifles up and grabbing the shotguns. Weather here is turning colder but still nice. I like summer a lot but the fall holds something very special for me even though Dad and the uncles are hunting somewhere else now.

To all, keep your self warm and your powder dry. Stay safe out there. Utah Bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: