Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Wow what happened

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:24 am    Post subject: Wow what happened Reply with quote

Jake was up for the weekend to help with new shingles on the house and do some fishing. The new shingles went welll the fishing on the other hand could not of gotten and worse? We got on the lake around 6:30 pm friday night and caught sheephead with a couple small walleyes. Saturday we headed on the lake around 4 and Jake put the spanking on me as he landed 18 sheephead and 3 small walleyes. I let hiom know that we were not fishing for sheephead and that is why I only landed 2 Very Happy . Sunday the greek joined us in the morning and again the fishing was not good . 3 more sheeephead. What could of changed form tuesday and wednesday is beyond me. I totaly expected good fishing.
It was nice to see Bob, Luke and the greek. They headed out friday afternoon to put up a couple of deer stands. I told them with all this warm weather the skitters were bad and they found out I was telling the truth. Lets just say they did not even hunt this weekend. They shot there bows down at the lake and we all went for a swim saturday afternoon boy was that refreasing. To think going for a dip sept 21rst.
It looks like it will just be me and the greek for duck hunting on Norman lake. If there anyone out there that would like to join us let me know and we can set somthing up. I will be doing a scoutting job out there this week. I again will be attemping to take a duck with my bow.
I also need to get out and check out my bow hunting spot for deerso I have a busy week ahead.
GORDONE
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do ya think someone netted a few too many fish?
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I can figure as there just not hungry. When Monty and Rick were here we caught atleast 20 walleyes with the biggest being 21. We also caught some smaller ones. I beleave the test netting from the dnr did all right when they set up shallower? I keeep fishing into oct before we put the boat away
Leebo
Spinner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GORDONE wrote:
do ya think someone netted a few too many fish?

Why is it that some people salivate to blame the tribe the first chance they get? No Gordone, any adult with half a brain does not condider that the slowdown in the fishing over the last month has anything to do with netting. It happens on every lake in every county at some point in the season, regardless of harvest. It's called "slow fishing".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: