Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Hey Guys.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carpy52
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Hey Guys. Reply with quote

Sorry for not being around but have been busy this summer, only problem is not fishing, working and a few other things. Did a number of shows, Three Dog Night and Guess Who. and some of the local fest. Went to the Arca and Truck seriers races at the Chicago land speed way this year for the first time. Haven't been to a track in over 20 yrs. My friend from years ago is getting back into racing and he set it up so that I didn't have to walk anywhere. He took real good care of me and I gotta thank him. It was great to be back at the track and I got to see many of the people I knew long ago. So far had to be the best weekend I've had in a long time. Good food too, and more than even I could eat lol.
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Carpy.

Sounds like you got a real passion for the track. Just so happens I wore my Nascar hat yesterday while lounging around doing nothing but housework and then watching sports.
Not a bad life I suppose.
Better than the alternative that's for sure.
BlueDuck
Angler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Carpy,
I was just thinking about you the other day, wondering why we hadn't seen a post from you.
Glad to hear you a good time at the track, now if you can only get some fishing time in.
carpy52
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well after 2 twelve hour days at the track it only took me 4 days to get feeling like I would survive again. The leg is still giving me a hard time and moving to much or sitting in one spot for long periods is what causes most my problems. Am working on it tho in hopes of getting out fishing next year. Yea Gene, back in the early 80 I was with UNO/Eagle racing for 8 years and have been to about every major track that was going back then with either a NASCAR team, Buddy Baker and Tim Richmond, or INDY car with Arie Lyendeck, the year he won Indy driven our car was the longest party ever. I didn't get home for three days and left after only 8 hours for the next race. Thank God for a good and understanding wife. Like working with Richmond the most. He was just a good kid, easy to get along with and I would screw with him all the time and he give it right back. Besides anything with wheels and a motor he could drive like it was made just for him. Got to be pretty close with the kid, but when he moved on lost contact till I found out he was sick. Sure miss the kid, Earnheart would have never got all those championships if Tim was alive and running against him. Best thing was they were good friends.
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey carpy glad to see your posts again. The mother inlaw is in Kinder care, my fishing buddies wife is starting to fall all the time, etc. Shit, its hell to get old. My best to you, and keep plugging. Remember, God does not deduct days on the water from our life span.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: