Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Time To Go
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot Indy, I can't even remember 10 yrs ago and you want me to remember the last time it was a nice Spring?

Actually, I don't think it's just the early ice-out, but more importantly the winds, barometer, rain, etc. afterward.
To tell you the truth, we have had good luck no matter the lead-up but some years is more work than others.....it's only those 90+ degree, calm dog-days that we have a really tough time. I remember back in our first 10 yrs around Memorial Day doin' the skinny-dip thing in Pike Bay, Kitchi, and in the Turtle River when it would hit 85+ and we didn't know how to chase the Rockies.....misty, water-color memories! But then again, back then we used to imbibe in alotta Schmidt's so maybe my memory is clouded.

Ff, you aren't alone....I think alotta fisherwomen lreally ike those 12"ers too.
IndyWalleye
Spinner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gene----Thanks for the reply-you are right about the dog-days.Worst week I ever spent in beautiful Minnesota it was 90,91,and 92 three days in a row.I believe it was 1985/or/86,during the 2nd or 3rd week of June.Back then the camp I was at did not have air/cond and 1/2 of the windows were painted shut!!!! I was fishing in the far west central part of the state at LAKE LIDA,a very good WALLEYE lake at the time.Only caught 4 wallys all week between 4 of us.ROUGH FISHING but still fun.
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've fished Cass for just over 30 years. OUt of those years, probably 60% of them, we needed the A/C going in the cabin. And just for that reason, I won't stay at any place that does not have A/C in the cabins. I can sit in the boat and fish in really hot weather, but I can't and won't try to sleep in it.
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ff, if I have enough tall, frosty ones, I can sleep through anything. Try it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: