Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Crazy weather

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:48 am    Post subject: Crazy weather Reply with quote

Man what a strange summer. The sunsets have been spectacular latly. I guess it has somthing to do with ash in the atmosphere. The water has never really warmed up so I have not done as much swimming as I would like.
Sunday eve I waded out throwing a mister twister thinking maybe I could find a walleye or pike in shallow. That idea did not pan out. Yesterday the wind was again a factor but a guy could of gotten out. The winds have not let up and again it is howling out there this morning.
I'm readly for a walleye dinner so I will have to get out and give it that collage try this week. My mom will be coming up at the end of the week. She is fired up about finding some blueberrys and catching a walleye or two. She thinks she's going to slay then so we will see. I did find some nice blueberrys and hand a couple of handfulls two days ago. I would like to jar atleast 12 pints so I can have more then one pint every 3 months. I will be checking a spot today and can taste them now. I just love eating them right off the vine.
She says she knows a spot that the ground is blue there are so many? I told her I want to see that withg my own eyes.
I posted a new pic on our website of Kellie's pike she caught July 3rd at cookiesonupperredlake.com.
This year I hope to hook up with our friend Lee and go camping and fishing in the bwca.
With all the cool weather the mind is starting to wonder about the up and coming hunting season also. I will dust off the bow and start shooting one or two arrows a day. They say there's more grouse this year. It will be nice to have some fresh grouse for supper this fall. I will be flinging arrows at everyone I see even if I'm sitting in my deer stand.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: