Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
There it is again - Total Silence
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grouch
Angler

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: There it is again - Total Silence Reply with quote

Do all you Crazies become deaf and dumb after June 15th?
Or do you just lead such dull lives that you don't have anything to carp about?
At least you could start yakking aboout yoour up-coming fall trips. Let's hear some infield chatter!
Aw, heck with it, I'm going fishing tommorrow.
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Grouch, I am deaf in one ear and I can't hear outta the other....and I been going blind since I turned 40.

Anywayz...a report...
Me and Sven hit Lake Heidecke (near Morris, IL) yesterday and it was slow. In 6+ hrs, we got one white bass, two sheepshead, one very small smallmouth, a couple of dink gillies AND Sven got about a 12lb carp that circled the boat twice before I was able to play "net man".
Nevadafisherman
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grouch...I hear ya. Every time I come to this site it's quiet especially after the 15th. Yet, I don't post anything either...HA...so here is my report. Been out on some area lakes in northern michigan...been doing well on leeches for LMB but nothing to write home about. Catching them but no real size. I am planning on doing some walleye fishing tomorrow night. Other than that I am trying to figure away to get the sun to show up more often and to get the temps to be above 70 for more than 2 days.

Hope you all are doing well...

Tim
Bob Thompson
Angler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Grouch, looks like you stirred up a couple of folks though. For me its just been too damn hot Sad to do much fishing. Cool drinks and staying in the air conditioning is SOP right now. Cool Best to head for 10000 ft. in the mountains for some trout action even if their only Pike bait size. Now if I could only find a shade tree by a low elevation river for some cat chasing, that would work, naturally maintaining my body electrolites. LOL Laughing A few weeks left yet for our annual trip northeast. Hope the lake water level stays OK. Clark, how about a report? Anybody else?
Nevadafisherman
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Bob,

If you want some great rainbow trout action get down to Pantguitch Lake just east of BrainHead resort. We fished there for years when we lived in Vegas. It's at 9,000 ft and the temps are very doable....just some powerbait off the boat with an egg sinker 20" above the #16 treble hook in 15 fow just off the weedline and you'll get some great action. Some of the trout will push 5lbs and occasionally you'll pick up a nice brownie. Best time is early in the morning and after 5pm in the evening...during the afternoon the winds pick up and can make it tough to sit anchored!

Cool
Bob Thompson
Angler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks much Neveda, we don't usually travel too far for a days fishing but that might be a nice weekend if a campground is at the lake. I'll do a search on our DWR website and check it out.
Gotta love these mountains during the summer heat!
Nevadafisherman
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob,

There are two camp grounds and several resorts on Panguitch. A small general store is there as well....it's a beautiful area.
MuskyMark
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. It is kinda dead out here lately. I'm still trying to schedule my fall trip up there. No clue when it's going to happen now... though I'd prefer the first half of October if possible.

For the first time in a month, I took my kids fishing for a couple hours this weekend. VERY slow... even for our pond. Caught two bass on big golden roaches. One was a shortie, and the other was 20 inches. Huge head/mouth... but a skinny body. I'll post a pic when I download it off the camera.

Outside of that, you gotta wonder what visitors think when they visit the "Cass Lake Fishing Reports" forum. For 75% of the year, it's hijacked with fishing reports that happen 500 or more miles away from N. MN! Pretty funny. But it is nice to see how people are doing all year 'round....regardless of where they're wetting a line.
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like our own little fishing club right MM? Gotta love the chatting Scott lets us do o/side of Cass....but since most of us are from FIB land, well , you just gotta play those cards that are dealt to u.....good luck setting up that fall trip. For someone named MuskMark, you better chase those big girls.
Big girls need lovin' too you know. And I don't mean the big girls in the Red Hat Ladies Club!
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a guide on the Fox Chain, muskysucker, who claims that last week he boated 22, the biggest being 49. Not a bad week.
Grouch
Angler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Noise Reply with quote

Well, I guess you Crazies can make a little noise if someone stirs the pot.

I'll be at Horseshoe on Sept. 18th. Hope to see some of you there??

Going fishing tommorrow at Hedieke. Just trying out the little boat.
Grouch
Angler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Tuesday Fishing Report Reply with quote

Spent the day on Heideke Lake. Cast, bobbered and trolled. Took 2 troling and missed 2 more. A lovely day to just lean back and relax. At one time a 25 inch Muskie came clear out of the water chasing something. Tons of minnows in the lake.

Checked out my little boat. Found some things that need adjusting. The trailer needs work and the grass needs cutting. I think I'll go fishing again!
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are our two from Heidecke:

and here is the one that the guys in the boat nearby yelled to us "I'll bet that fish'll fry"

Grouch
Angler

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Yum Reply with quote

Yum - Fried Bugle Mouth Bass!

If you want some recipes, I'll send them to you.
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jus a lil chatter here:

4 Cats, 8 BG, and a Crappie and lots of small LMB, gills, and cats we hope will grow up.
All in all, kinda slow but great weather for the weekend at my sis's campground site near Dixon, IL.
Only worth the $2.70 per gal for gas since I didn't have to WORK!
It was so relaxing watching those bobbers but my eyesight ain'ta whattit uzed t be and I blowed lotsa bites.

And I am not even gonna mention the fantastic grilled BBQ Rib dinner we had wit baked taters and carrots....and ice cream samiches for dessert........let's all be thankful for the good things we have.

My sis is the best!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: