Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Clark--Opener?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Nevadafisherman Reply with quote

thereis not enough room to get your boat on plane after going under the railroad bridge in the creek[/quote]

grouch, are you frikkking kidding????? Last year during the week we were there, there was the PWT going on, out of Stoney Point. One day we were heading back into Cass, just hitting the mouth of the channel, where all the logs are, and were going slow. All of a sudden, a red ranger comes at us going full bore. Because of the reeds, I don't think he saw us. At the last minute he cut the wheel and missed us by only a couple of feet. By the time I turned the boat around he was long gone. Latter that day, I tried to register a complaint at the weight station, and believe it or not, they did not care. I shudder to think what may have happened if he miss calculated.
Grouch
Angler

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject: Tournament anglers Reply with quote

Yes ffishman, that's why I personally despise tournaments and the people who fish them. They are some of the rudest and uncaring fishermen on the water. I have heard many similar stories from various sources and all sound the same. Other than the resorts and the towns who sponsor them, no one likes to fish a lake if a tournament is going to be there at the same time.
Col Ron, Guide

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear the juices are starting to flow for the anticipation of a great week or two of fishing. Mrs. Col and I are doing fine down south where the water temperature is 74 degrees and the fish are on the bite. The water now is a LITTLE stained which helps everything.

Good luck to all of you, have safe trips and if the Good Lord is willing, we will try to join you next year. You all take care now,

Colonel Ron
MuskyMark
Master Angler

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like fine conditions Col. Post some pics sometime. I went fishing yesterday myself. SW WI. CRYSTAL clear water. Water temps in the low 60s. Saw 15 or 16 muskies. Boated 2. (1 dink, 1 36 incher) Lost 3 or 4 small muskies. Great day to be out.

Now I start getting ready for Cass. And after this weekend, I'll be waiting for the next big rain. Then it'll be time to go crawler hunting! Smile

Mark
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Texan wrote:
Yep, Pug Hole.....I've got enough missing on the top of my head right now

Texan

That's what you call a "chrome dome", heh Texan?
Col Ron, Guide

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pictures-I would but I left my dang cable to connect to the computer back home. I think I am going to have to go buy one, no big electronic stores around here though.

CR
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it were up to me, I would ban all tournaments. When they started, maybe they were fun, but now they are driven by greed.
Col Ron, Guide

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you are getting your wish. The PWT is down and out, the only one I participate in is Muskie Tournaments. I know they run too hard and fast, but the times, normally late fall, won't disturb too many people.

The driving force with many of these, Sorry Chamber of Commerce, is the $$$$$$ they bring into the area with the resorts, grocery stores, gas stations and bait shops, licenses, on and on. Cass Lake could use a few more bucks injected into their economy.

Hey, that's why they make chocolate and vanilla. Everyone has their opinion. The reason why I participate in Muskie Tournaments is that muskie fisherpeople 95% of the time release everything they catch anyway, and it does not go in the livewell.

Colonel Ron
Grouch
Angler

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right, Col. Ron, the muskie fishermen are different. I've never been disturbed by one of them. I've seen some of them catch and release fish and they seem to do a great job of caring for the fish they caught. Sometimes they don't even lift the fish out of the water, just a picture and gone. They don't come close to you and travel slowly from place to place. No big wakes or waves.
The Texan
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes sir gene, just more area to take in Vitamin D....

Texan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: