Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Clark--Opener?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Musky mark has been quiet. Mark, are you going to be there on the 8th
MuskyMark
Master Angler

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will I be there on the 8th?! Does a bear s&!# in the woods? DOH! Laughing Of course I'll be there!

Looking forward to hanging out at the Pike Hole. Kevin mentioned to me last year that his brother Todd was going to try to open up and run a small shop/bait shop under the Pike Hole this year. Frank told my dad they were working on it this spring too!

If it does open, I can't imagine that it won't get hit hard by a lot of people. Last stop before going from Cass from Kitchi... or Kitchi to Cass... where you can eat, drink, fuel up, and now buy bait! We'll see when we get up there I guess.

Another interesting story. If any of you guys have spent time at the bar in the Pike Hole, you've probably looked up at that old Hamms sign they've got on the wall. The one where the back-lit screen scrolls with the northwoods scenery in the background. Remember? Well my buddy across the street found one at an antique flea-market. Bought it, cleaned it up, put it up in his garage. I just sat there mesmerized, watching that thing for about 20 minutes this past weekend. And suddenly, I found myself inexplicably REALLY thirsty for a pint of LaBatts Blue! Weird. Wink

But for now, I'm stocking up on walleye fishing lures/rigs, planning my nightcrawler hunt with my old man, and buying a Wisconsin fishing license so I can fish muskies somewhere in S. WI tomorrow! More to follow...
Chris Haley
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fishing has been off a bit. The water temps are STILL below 50 degrees. Hopefully this week warms things up. Paul, Chad and Travis have been doing fine fishing Kitchie and Andrusia. That will all end once Cass warms up just a couple of degrees.

I was on Bemidji all weekend and yesterday. Got off the water to take my new Ranger into the shop for a new shaft on the lower unit. Bigger boat, I should have known better than to kick it down in 4ft of water. Sad

Well, that's why I have insurance with only $250 deductible.
Gowdy
Angler

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ffishman,

The Good Lord a Willing and the crick doesn't rise me and Texan should be there.

I remember that day when the wind picked up real well. I was sitting in the front seat of the Alaskan and the Texan gunned it and out ran Chad and Paul thru the narrows. We hit a wave and my big, fat behind flew ten feet up in the air!!!! Hilarious!!!

Take care and I hope we all meet up on the 8th!!

Gowdy Cool
The Texan
Master Angler

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gowdy,

There are quite a few "gunners" goinng thru the narrows now....they just need a little rocket fuel from the Pike Hole and they are good to go Cool

Texan
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MM: Loved that sign as a youngster and still do.
Always remember: "Hamms, the beer refreshing"
It sure ain't "LaBatt, the beer refreshing", but then again, any beer is refreshing.

Chris: where did you bottom out? Cass or Bemidji?
Get that water warmer will you please - Rockies will turn on then for sure.

Ff: no more talk of me eatiin' leeches with Kate please. You are gonna scare her off (if I haven't already).

Nevada: Got your cell and I'll try to call you to do some map review before you hit the road.

Texan/Gowdy: Bring a video camera and I'll tape your next trip through the Narrows. Can't tape me docking at PHole this year 'cause I won't be the Captain of my own skiff this trip.

Kate: Pepperoni and Cheese Pizza? Then a boatride? Gliding on the water with a warm breeze? On a nice moonlit night? Then a warming campfire? And........tell him I said he's a lucky guy whoever he is.
The Texan
Master Angler

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grilled, fried, broiled, baked....how does Geno like his leeches?? Mad

Texan
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each year the first time I go through the narrows, I go slow, and check depth. Once I know I'm good, then its gang-busters. This year since I will be fishing alone my boat will be lighter and should make it easier to get through.
BlueDuck
Angler

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FF and Others,

You will have no problem going thru "The Narrows" this spring as the water level is
at least 10 to 12 inches higher than normal. Now, having said this I am assuming the Corps
will not make a liar out of me by opening the dam gates.

FF's method of checking the first time thru is one of wisdom and should always be heeded.
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

12" high, geeesh, looks like I will not be fishing Pike's. Unless it goes down by then
Grouch
Angler

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Getting into Pike Bay Reply with quote

I have had the same problem, my boat has a windscreen which can be too high to pass under the railroad bridge. I found that by plugging the livewell and running the pump you can lower the boat in the water and get under the bridge. Then you turn on the bilge pump and empty the water overboard.
Nevadafisherman
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Grouch,

Were you able to spend some time in Pikes? If so, any difference in the fishing compared to Cass?
The Texan
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At WOT you can make it thru easy, just may catch a few one finger salutes from the campers there on the corner Twisted Evil

Texan
Grouch
Angler

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Nevadafisherman Reply with quote

Pike bay is smaller so the water warms up faster. The walleyes and perch are about a week ahead of schedule compared to Cass.

Texan, where are you running WOT? Sounds like the entrance to Pug Hole. I know thereis not enough room to get your boat on plane after going under the railroad bridge in the creek
The Texan
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, Pug Hole.....I've got enough missing on the top of my head right now to try that over at the railroad bridge!!!

Texan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: