Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Lac Seul

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Col Ron, Guide

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Lac Seul Reply with quote

Speaking of Lac Seul, if any of the forum members have visited there and enjoyed the lodge you were staying at, please let me/ us know the name of the lodge. I am starting my search soon. No boat needed, we are pulling one or two up there. Thanks for your input, we will be targeting Muskie.

Col Ron
wallyhntr1
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron,

I've been going to Lac Suel for years, have always stayed at Timberlane Lodge in Ear Falls, it's on the very northwest end of the lake.

If you're only targeting Musky- you'll want to fish/stay somewhere on the far eastern end of the lake. The water is a lot clearer on the east side, very stained/dirty where we go & very seldom have heard of a musky caught anywhere in our area, all the talk of Musky is on the east part of the lake.. The walleye fishing is unbelievable on Lac Suel, 100-150 per day per person..

Hope that gives ya some info for your search...
Col Ron, Guide

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really appreciate your input. For years a week before the opener, we would go up to Gull Rock Lake, which is about 10 miles south of Red Lake. I drove, and drove and drove past L.S. but we never stopped there. I will look to the East, I presume south(?) which would be a shorter drive anyway.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Ron
wallyhntr1
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

South/southeast, yes. We have thought about staying southeast just to save on that long drive, but, Timberlane Lodge is a great place, have been going there for years & the fishing can not be beat, probably true anywhere on that lake. We always have gone around the 2nd week of June.

That lake is simply massive. In all the years we've been there I dont think we've been more than 10 miles from the lodge, dont need to go far as just about any place you drop a line you'll have a walleye on, think the lake is 100+ miles from end to end... We do get some big 40+ inch northerns up around the Sanctuary, fun just doing C&R on them...

Where ever you do end up, you'll have a great experience! And remember- as of June 1st of this year, we all need passports..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: