Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Relying on mother nature

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Relying on mother nature Reply with quote

Now that all the houses are sitting on the edge of the lake it is time to get them stored for the year. Its quite the job to get them put in there places for the season. First I need the snow to melt enough to manuver around then I need a cold morning to firm up the ground. Then Blue thunder gets a work out as the houses do not move like they do on flat ice.
Then all the houses need to be blocked up before the ground gets to soft. Then it time to make a list of any things that may need to be addressed before next winter. Once the houses are all secure a guy can breath a sigh of releif and reflect back on how things went for the season. Every year it is a grind. But on the other hand is very rewarding knowing how hard you worked. I hope that everyone enjoyed there stay and had a good time. I'm thankfull that I went toe to toe with mother nature and survived another year. Every year is different and planning can be huge.. You wish that the fishing could of been better for all. You have to take it with a grain of salt and push forward as you make battle plans for next winter and beleave me it is a battle. I guess if it was easy everyone would be doing it. Its a whole different world out there day in and day out.
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just came off the lake shore and once again mother nature smacked me in the face. With all the rain and warmer weather I did not like the fact that the water was above the blocks under the houses so they are now on the shore . They still need to be put in there perspective spots but atleast they are not going to freeze in the standing water if the cold comes like its been predicted. My feet got soaked but thats not the first time this year.
The lake is a empty place today as I did not see any activity as far out as I could see. There were two objects that I could not pinpoint what they were until they got up and flew away. Two eagles. There's one house along the shoreline that needs to be pulled up on shore other then that is could not be any emptier.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: