Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
March 20th 21rst crappie hunt /fishing get together
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: March 20th 21rst crappie hunt /fishing get together Reply with quote

Heres some of the details. saturday the 21rst of march we will be hitting the lake looking for the mother load. I plan on having most of our houses still on the lake depending on mother nature. 30 dollars a night will cover a bed . We plan on fishing and being mobil all day into the evening on saturday. We will be serving up deluths famous coney's at some point during the day. Once we have a idea will order up the food. westwind,bearpaw and agassiz may also have lodging on or off the ice. I also know of a few other cabins.The 30 dollars per person is for my houses and cabin. Who knows you might even catch a crappie or two out of a house. It has been known to happen. It should be a great get together and I will be giving away a day of guided fishing out of our 20 foot tyeee this summer. The greek says he will also take some one fishing in alaska in his boat if you happen to be in the neighbor hood. I beleave we will catch some crappies as we pepper the lake.
We will see if we come up with any other gifts to give away but wanted to get this rolling to see how much interest there may be.
cookiesonupperredlake.com
Leebo
Spinner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can throw in a show/dinner package for 2 people at Mystery Cafe. Dibs on Old Mn.!!!!!
Harry
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Leebo; I would like to come down to your threatre some day with my wife and daughter and son-in-law. Where are you located? We get to the cities once in a while and we have been talking about going to you business.
Leebo
Spinner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Harry. We would love to have you! You can find out all you need to know at my website; themysterycafe.com. Shoot me an email there if you see a date that works and I'll give you a "Fisherman's Deal" on some tickets.
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The greek will be up today and we will keep working out the details. Spence and John were out last night and managed to find more then one of the elusive but still catch able upper red lake crappie. Jake also was out somewhere scouting and I will track him down today. Making the rounds last night Duwayne had one, We thought we found a great spot but it turned out to not be so good and we moved the house out of that area yesterday. Oh well I will have to scout another area a little further out. I will also find out where Spence and John were fishing and we will see if we can get to that area in the future.
Lee thanks for the offer on the gift certificate do you think you can make it up that weekend? Jerry the coney king is up with his tow behind and I willl be talking to him later today.
This is going to be a good time to fish with a group and have some fun on the lake fishing as a team. Finding the elusive red lake crappie can take hundreds of holes but all of a sudden you land on that one spot and its amazing watching those slabs come out of the same hole. I plan on having the houses out about 5 miles so the chances of landing a crappie or two out there during your stay is not out of the question.
Leebo
Spinner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what we are shooting for Cookie. Trying to get a group together. If we get a little lucky and get a nice day or two it could be like a combination of the best things about ice fishing and the best things about soft water fishing. Gotta love standing 8 miles out in your shirtsleeves, eating Coneys and fishing with your buddies.
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: some good news Reply with quote

Yesterday Tyler from Bear Paw burned up a tank a gas but it was well worth it as he hit a small vein of the mother load and iced 13 slabs. He also said he missed a few. Way to go Tyler I'm proud of you. No one deserves it better then you.
BULLETBOB

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Job Tyler. Keep the reports on the slabs coming Cookie. Can't wait to get up there in a few weeks.
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Day 79 Shocked Our get together is coming together and if you think you might make it we sure would like to know.
Lee is in with three or 4 guys.Wild Bill will be here with his boys.The greek will be here. team ice heave, Jake is planning on bringing a couple of guys.Spence and John will be here. It loooks like we have atleast 20 eager fishermen.
We still plan on having coneys ane will need to order them up soon. Hard houses are welcome. I do still have a fish house or two open and hope to have them out around the 4 mile mark where we picked up a few crappies earlier in the year.
Are there any crappies to be caught Question tyler had some fishermen last weekend and they managed 29. I fished yesterday and if i did the math right I saw 4 people on the lake so I had 12,000 acres all to myself. Did I find any crappies. I did manage to get two in the second hole I drilled. I also lost one or two that could of been crappies. This was one spot that I fished for less then a hour.
kellie and I had them for dinner last night.
Harry
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cookie: You can count on two more for your fishing derby. Ben and I will be up there and maybe my son-in-law. Hopefully the weather will be nice.
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds great harry look forward to seeing you guys.
Harry
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cookie: Ben and I will be coming up Saturday morning. What time do you want us there? Which landing will you use and where will we find you?
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Harry I will be going over all the details tomorrow morning. we will be going out of agassiz . From there who knows where we will end up.
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:18 am    Post subject: heres the details Reply with quote

I have checked the 10 day forcast and at this time they are calling for a high of 47 and partly cloudy.
Things I would reccomend to bring ,all your ice fishing gear,good boots,water proof as some of the areas we will be fishing may have extra standing water after augering holes.
We have lost a nice amount of snow and at this time there is water on the lake.
sun block as the sun can be very intense this time of year with the reflection from the lake giving a double wammy. Your choice of beverage. We will be supplying the coney's. 4 wheel drive truck would be nice. I will be cutting a trail with the red baron if neeed be.

Auger,gas and extension if you have one. a portable would be nice if you want to fish after dark.
Either we will haul the cook shack with us or have lunch where it sits, We will be targetting areas that have deeper snow and broken ice. I plowed out to Jeff's houses yesterday 8 miles so we have a trail to folllow. We have some that are staying on the ice so I will meet anyone that plans on fishing with us at Agassiz at 8am sharp. You should pick up bait somewhere else as jeff is out. Hillmens has bait as well as westwind or dr tackle in Kellier.I also have some bait .
We will draw cards at agassiz 10 am sunday to give away all our gifts. I have decided everyone that fishes gets five cards and we will break down the hands to determine the winners of all the gifts.
If we head to the north shore you will need a road pass from hillmen's. If your out of agassiz there will be no fee. But if your on hillmens road you owe them 10 dollars. If there's any question please feel free to ask or call me on my cell
218 647 8391
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be nice seeing everyone as I have a couple of friends coming that I have not seen in years.
Heres a list of people I know are coming
The greek
Rick King
Harry and Ben
Lee and a couple of his buddies
All and his Kids
4 from team ice heave
Jake and a couple of buddies
Matt
Todd and his two boys
Micky and a buddie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: