Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Day 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:19 am    Post subject: Day 10 Reply with quote

Today and tomorrow is moving day. We fished old minnesota with the kids fo a a bit last night and maybe we should of been fishing during the day as it was slo----w. I got up this morning in real god spirits singing to myself its moving day Question Guess I neeed a break from the kids although I do enjoy working on the lake. I will have Phil bring all the boys out to play on the lake and fish today while I work. He can take care of them and fish I do not think he will complain.
Our sons Joe and Johnny boy will be up later today to spend the weekend and we will have all our kids here and 6 grandchildren. I can imagine grama Olga and the smile that would be on her face seeing us all up here enjoying the lake and area she would say in that swiddish accent eww
"Imagine That"
onthepond
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now you must admit Cookie you really do enjoy moving houses and plowing trails. It was good to get a report from you today, I see not much has changed and I see that the day bite is still a little better than the night? It sounds like you are having a lot of fun with the family. Please let Johnboy know I said hello. He and I will have to meet up here sometime soon and go looking for a couple of crappies? Good luck fishing

Jake
onthepond
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cookie, let me know when you and I can go and fish that spot. I understand that it may be an adventure, just let me know when you are ready.
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:44 am    Post subject: Day 12 Reply with quote

I have been on the lake 12 days in a row now. Old minnesota,california,florida and montana were all moved friday and saturday. I kept utah on the same spot just to see if the fishing would die out there or still be good as the house had only been fished on the 19 and 20th and they did rather well.
Chris,Gordy and Phil rolled in friday afteernoon and fished at the end of Agassiz road. They did not have much luck there even though the grandkids and Phil we 20 yards away fishing in new york catching a couple of fish.
John Weston fished by utah with his dad Jim and his son. They had on and off action both days and went home with there 9 fish plus ate a couple. Chris and his crew moved over behind Utah and headed home with there 15 as there were five of them. Lee and Sherry were up just for saturday and fished utah,They did not do to well as they just could not hook them.Lee said they marked alot of fish but they were lookers?
Jerald and his crew are here for 3 nights and I told them we will move utah today if they did not do well last night.
Pat,Ryan and Steve are in old minnesta they also showed up saturday afternoon .When I checked with them sunday morning they had caught 20 walleyes and two yes two bonus crappies sunday morning.
With all the house's occupied last night when I made the rounds it was a little slow? It seems to be a fishy area so not sure what happened . I guess thats fishing. Johnny boy,Big Tony and Joel fished new york at the end of the road and got 6 keepers late saturday afternoon. Joel said it shut down at dark. Big Tony wants to come up and help me out this winter. He's a big guy and would be alot of help.
California had a furnace problem and we had to put on a new regulator and thermostat in it. Blue thunder has been acting up in the transfer case. I will have to do some research on that . It felt good moving the houses friday and saturday. It went fairly well but there may of been a cuss word here or there as it is still hard work.
ruger1
Spinner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cookie,

We are headed up to Red tomorrow morning. How are the roads on the lake? Is there much slush out there? How much ice? I've heard rumors that the action has slowed, how has the fishing been. Thanks.
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Ruger some of the areas I have been fishing has slowed.Other areas have been good. We are not seeing any slush problems other then under the berms created from the roads. I stopped measuring the ice when we were see 20 everywhere.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: