Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Goofy weather Part II
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Goofy weather Part II Reply with quote

What the heck is going on? Middle of Dec, and they say we are breaking moisture records! They are predicting 14" tonight. Not even January and I am sick of snow already. Come on spring. Come on Cass Lake (soft water, only)
Grouch
Angler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Get out and SKI Reply with quote

Whine, whine, whine - What's your problem?? You dound like a bunch of golfers, can't stand a little weather. Don't you know that spring will never get here until winter has had some time at bat.

The only one I have never heard whine about winter is Clark - and he's right where it really happens, big time.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - go out and enjoy winter, remember, it's better than being dead!
Clark
Master Angler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't have said it better !!!

Merry Christmas !! ! !! !! ! !! More snow coming...........

ffishman - think of it this way - - IT'S STILL FALL

Clark
Col Ron, Guide

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FF:

#1. Your on the wrong side of the city, heck, you might as well be over there in Michigan City, down by Grouch and I, we barely have the ground covered.

#2. Follow me to South Padre Island in 29 days, always helps to look forward to warmer weather sooner than the Spring.

#3. Get a roof top hockey seat for the Winter Classic, at Wrigley Field between the Blackhawks & the Red Wings (For those of you out of the Chicago area, that will be this years outdoor hockey game on January 1st), after that, everything will seem warmer.

Speaking of #3, if anyone has a ticket for sale, I'll go!!!!

Col Ron
Chris Haley
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#4 Go on-line to www.loumainatis.com and order a four pak of the best chicago style pizza that will ship anywhere!! Just got another four pakfrom the ups driver now.
Chris Haley
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See I can appreciate chicago even though I have never been there.
carpy52
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Oh yea just what we need here in Joliet area more snow. These idoits can't drive with what little we got already. The other day got less than 2,inches and it was total bedlem. Had to run to Harrahs and took me 50 minutes to get there from New Lenox. Most of the nutz were slipping and sliding all over and I never spun a tire or slide a inch, of course I didn't have a Starbucks in one hand and a cell phone in the other and was trying to drive with my elbow.... Talked to a guy at the gas station on the way home who was from Utah going to Penn. and he said it was backed up from Morris to here and asked if I knew what it was like futher east. I told him get a room, a meal and a good nights sleep and wait till tommorrow, wonder if he took my advice. It usually takes the local 3 or 4 storms before they remember how to drive in snow, thank God only 2 more to go.
Nevadafisherman
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris....much easier....just dial... 1.800.Lou-to-go...we have been getting lou's pizzas for years....nothing like it!!!

Merry Christmas everyone from a guy who's hometown has already received 60+ inches of snow....oh yeah winter starts Sunday!!! Go 'Hawks
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I make an observation, and some knucklehead tells me I'm whining. I guess he is perfect. Thanks for your kind words.
BlueDuck
Angler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FF, Don't mind "THE GROUCH", he's just trying to fit in with the rest of us.
Probably just like his namesake, all soft and cuddly once you get to know him. Wink
Col Ron, Guide

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Food fight at the Hole!!!!
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And just what is wrong with Golfers, Grouch?

PS I always call those second-hand smoke haters a bunch of "whiny crybabies"!
Grouch
Angler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: Bad things about golfers Reply with quote

1. Always complaining about the weather
2. Always lying about scores
3. Always trying to cadge drinks
4. Always bragging about the best game
5. Always afraid of the cold weather
6. Useless for anything concerning work

Hmmm.....sounds just like some fishermen I know

The only good thing about the game of golf is...It keeps all those nut cases out of the wood and off the water. Oh yeah, those golf courses in the winter make a great place to crosscountry ski or run your snowmobile
carpy52
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang if you guys don't know by now that Grouch is nothing but a button pushing you better give up. He sure gets things going anytime he writes anything in here and I find that great, get your blood running and mind thinking. Nothing better than that. Speaking of Golf Courses, there were a couple guys out running thier snowmobles on a local one the other night and apparentily had not been out there without the snow on the ground or ever before. Guy was running full bore and didn't know that a drainage ditch was there till it was to late. He hit it going about 70 mph. but jump off just before and just rolled into it with his body and got good and wet. The snowmoble didn't fair so well, totaled it and actually tore it in half. Thing even blew up and caught fire so Fire Dept. and Cops came out, arrested the guy and made him sit outside the squad in the cold till fire dept. put out the fire then made him walk, 3/4 of a mile to the parking lot, gave him 3 tickets on top of it and then city and golf course charged him for removal of the wreck and damage to the drainage ditch, and enviormental clean up. Total was figured to be about $78.000. Kicker was he had just picked up the new snowmobile 5 hours before he crashed it and didn't have any insurance on it yet. Like someone once said,"You can't fix Stupid"
Gowdy
Angler

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: