Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
2008 hunting season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Greek
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: 2008 hunting season Reply with quote

Well I am done for a few weeks. I am going to let the woods quite down for a few weeks then try some late season bowhunting with cookie. I still have one doe tag saved. And Cookie stills has a buck tag. We will see if the weather will give us the chance to get it done. In one area I put a stand before the firearms season started so I would not interrupt someone hunting. Bad choice since someone wanted it and took it down for themselves. There is a thief in the woods. I thought all snakes went under ground for the season. It is to bad that their is people like that in this world. I will have to let it go and not let something like that too wreck my great hunting season that I have had so far.
With the cooler temps I must admit that my thought are towards some early ice fishing.
I hope that the ice forms flat and smooth. We will see.
Now I will be spending some time down in southern Minnesota Pheasant hunting. My in-laws have about 1000 acres for me to roam. Rolling Eyes

I want to thank COOKIE for all the help and guiding that he provided for all of us that stayed at "cookies" during the hunting season.
Laughing
Time to eat
The Greek
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it was a good season. I again had my chance and thats all you can ask for. I still plan on shooting a duck with my bow and maybe next year it will happen. I still hope to get a grouse with the bow this season as it is one of Kellie's favorit meals.
We do have some ice piled up and I expect we may have a little more after last night.
I may still get out a few times with the bow for deer but time will tell.
It is time to focus on the up and coming ice fishing season.We have plenty to do so that will keep me busy.
We are slowly filling up the reservation book and again most are repeat custormers which is always a good feeling knowing were taking good care of are fishermen. I again would suggeat guys bring there portables this year as it always gives you more options. I will alway give it 100% putting the houses in fishy areas. Every year is different the way mother nature controlls things and it should be another interesting year. I look forward to seeng all our custormers and meeting some new ones.
Helmetguy16
Spinner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cookie- I'm getting the itch to come up to URL. My uncle Brad sent me some pics this morning of his lake that froze over last night. It won't be long now. Hopefully we'll be up on URL shortly after Thanksgiving. Keep us posted on the ice conditions up there on the mighty Red.

Helmetguy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: