Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Lost 3 days this week

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:51 am    Post subject: Lost 3 days this week Reply with quote

Now its crunch time Very Happy With mechanical problems keeping me busy monday,the brutal wind and temps tuesday and the cold weather and digging out yesterday I have run out of days this week. Most of yesterday was spent plowing a new road to the northshore. I did have a chance to set John and his girl up and when I talked to them last night they had landed 3 crappies Very Happy
The plan at this time is to move alaska,florida sometime afteernoon when the temp gets above -5 Shocked Plenty of holes to auger in the other houses that were moved on sunday. Florida got fished sunday and monday and needs to be moved closer to montana as them guys are together. Every year they have coleslaw and barbacue and I plan on stopping in for a bite on saturday.Utha is going to stay where it is ? The fishing was so good I want to see what happens if i leave it on the same spot? Mother nature had the upper hand Iand I will have to do the best I can with the time frame I have left. My fishing report will be on tuesday?
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things went pretty well today. Ole is up and volunteered to help me out so I put him to work. We moved new york,alaska,florida, got arizona all ready to go and did some cleaning. Took care of Bill,Chris and the two girls amber and sidney? John and his gal left the lake early and ended up catching 14 walleye two perch and 3 crappies . They only kept two as one was only 10 inches. Jeff from agassiz was out fishing tonight spanking the wallyes. He has two house open this weekend. Utah is also open as Ron decided not to come and did not even bother to call? Tomorrow I may move old minnesota. I would like to keep it there one more day but Wayne was counting on a fresh spot. Well I'm yawning so its time to go
Leebo
Spinner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Deposits... Reply with quote

Hey Cookie, glad to see you got back up and running. As a seasonal small business owner myself, I really think you need to start getting a non-refundable deposit to secure reservations on prime dates. I think everyone around this site knows how hard you work, and I don't think you would hear any one of us object to it. Even a small deposit would help keep your no show-no call folks to a minimum. I just don't think some folks realise just how slim the difference is between making a living and not. Keep smiling.
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can I not keep smiling. Smile The biggest thing for my whole working carreer was liking my job. I enjoyed painting cars and I enjoyed painting houses. I total enjoy taking on mother nature and red lake. How can a guy not love working in the great outdoors. Yeah I get wore out but theres time to rest.
Wednesday and thursday it was a little on the brisk side and i could of stayed off the lake but it was absuluty beautiful out. Its quite the sight out there and the area were fishing is quite the veiw. I enjoy being able to see the shoreline.
Jeff Jenson called today and he is headed up for the weekend. He wants to go out of Hillmens so his going to check a area I have had my eye on all winter. It will be interesting to see if he can find the mother load.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: