Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
What a weekend "fishing report from 1/17 to 1/21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:59 am    Post subject: What a weekend "fishing report from 1/17 to 1/21 Reply with quote

Where to begin. The top priority was keeping everything up and running with the cold weather.Moving houses when its -20 is not the best idea as steel becomes brittle at -20.
Its always my goal to have the houses on fresh spots for the up and coming weekends. Mechanical failure and mother nature will test your patience?
New york was moved to a new spot and produced some decent fishing with 3 crappies landed since friday.
Arizona was a hot house with one crappie lost at the hole and many walleyes caught and released.
Old minnesota is the hardest house to move . With problems with blue thunder and the cold Pat,Todd and Rich had bad fishing until I was able to move them on saturday. The fishing got better once they were relocated.Not great but better. After moving calafornia and old minnesota on saturday as I pulled away blue thunder lost all power?Working under the hood for 1 hour put a chill in my toes as a wire had broken and repairing it was a bit on the chilly side plus a huge challenge.
Don and his crew were in Florida thursday through sunday morning. They had a hot house to start as it was on a new spot. Each night got worse but they did manage to land over 60 fish with only one being a crappie?
Sergio and his crew had new york,one day and calafornia one day. They had some action the first day in calafornia but it could of been better. Travis and his crew were in calafornia on saturday and had some decent action but not great.
Doug and his family had calafornia on a new spot sunday and fished new york. They landed 8 keeper walleye and 1 crappie for a great fish dinner.They left before I could see how they finished?
Utah was on a new spot and greg and his crew were here for three days. One of the boys swears he landed a crappie on a depth bomb? The new hot lure? They had good fishing and did manage to get 2 crappies with all the walleyes they landed. The night bite was the beat with numerous misses on the rattle wheels.
John and his crew were in florida on sunday. After don and his crew were in the house for 3 nights I did not expect the fishing to be outstanding. I know they landed some fish but were gone monday morning before I arrived. Rex and his guys fished Montana on sunday night with limited success and It is now on a new spot for Dallas and Dave. I will know how they fared later today.
Alaska is still in the area we landed 25 crappies. I hate to leave the area and will have to decide what to do. Loren and his crew had a blast even though the fishing was a bit slow they were just happy to be on vacation . Super nice guys and I hope to see them again in the future.
Colorado was the hot house on saturday during the day and andy and paul lost track of how many fish they landed? They had a blast as walleye after walleye were hammering there jigging rapalas. All in all a great weekend even though mother nature kicked my butt everyone stayed warmed and caught some fish. We are up to 30 crappies for the season so that is not so good but there is still plenty of season left and huge areas of lake to explore.

Time to get to work
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: