Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Banned from <snippety snip> website forums

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brady D
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Banned from <snippety snip> website forums Reply with quote

Just want to warn anybody that visits that forum and posts on there to not say anything about anything unless your telling about how good it is. If you say something bad about a product or resort or anything for that matter they will ban you and you have to jump through hoops to get back on there. It's kind of ridiculous not to be able to share your honest views. I got banned for agreeing with a guy when he said that the moderators on that site had to relax a little bit.

And I want to thank Cookie for this site and all of the great reports and for letting people share their honest opinions. You do a great job and help a lot of people out with all of your info.

I'll be up next weekend for the first trip of the year and can't wait to find some monster slabs. Only thing is can't decide how much school I want to skip to get up there earlier! Very Happy
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I know just what you mean. As a matter of fact, there are a whole bunch of us here, that were banned from that other site. Seems to me, that, it has gone to those moderaters heads, they think they are above all.
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This site belongs to Scott. I just enjoy sharing information and he has kindly let me do that and promote my business Very Happy . I was also banned once for asking a question. After reading there forum policy I was reinstated. Certain question must go through email. It makes sense or others could bash your business with false statements. I do not like when there are good comments that are eliminated? Now that's politics?
LABS4ME
Spinner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'm one of those moderators that has let it go to my head.... Rolling Eyes

Plain and simple, bashing of businesses is not a good idea... people only get to hear "YOUR" side of the story as the business usually does not know of every internet forum and post about them and then does not get to defend itself as to what happened... A post be grossly exagertated and or malicious in it's intent to slander one business to sway athers to using another business... it happens in the internet world!

Good reports helps a business that earned it. If you had a bad experience with an outfitter, it will catch up to him in no time and the bashing is not needed... he will figure it out with less and less customers showing up.

And in the end, if that is the site's rules not to allow bashing, why complain that you get banned for breaking the rules....? It's like complaining that you got a ticket when you were speeding...

Good Luck!

Ken
Brady D
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken-

If you read my post I didn't bash any business or anything for that matter. I simply agreed with another guy when he said that the moderators need to relax a little bit. And I'm not complaining, but just warning other people about how strict they are.

And I guess I'm not banned, just on a 2 week suspension where I can't post anything. I feel like a baseball player who just got caught with a needle full of steroids hanging out my butt! Laughing Laughing From now on I'll try and keep my posts on that site limited to only the opinions that I think they will agree with.
slabby
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Brady D 100%.
I've had problems with that other site as well--
You'd be well served to keep in mind when you read posts that it is one sided.
Also even mentioning businesses that does not pay up for sponsorship will also create problems for yourself. (ie. Jeff at Agassiz Lodge) whether positive or not.
slipperybob
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's a little (big) niche of product/service followers there. Often times the reality of one person who's less than a faithful follower gets the warning to the banned (deodorizer treatment). My personal opinion is that I don't believe in the hyped excitement (like bragging about how big a fish, how great the fishing was, ..., etc.), and don't follow the crowd to that fishing spot somebody else reported or somebody's boycotted product. I like to explore and find my own spot or product or service. Time tested by a consumer not a product staff member. I've recieved my share of thrashing for not being a follower, but it's consumers/customers that will drive the life and blood of any business.
Scott
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys. I'm going to need to lock this thread up. I apologize for this, but I need to be faithful to our guidelines here:

Terms of Service

Please note #11:

This forum system is not a venue for personal or private disputes. Keep your personal business personal. This forum is not the place for the resolution of personal disputes with members or companies.

Thanks for understanding!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: