Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Who's the anal-est?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Who's the anal-est? Reply with quote

Not sure how to approach this one......
I guess we all don't know each other well enough, but I'm still gonna throw it out there 'cause maybe then we can learn more about each other from our so-called "friends" ----
either write something that bothers you, or that you think you are anal about, or about one of our "Crazies" that they may not like to hear even though it is true.

I have a long list, but I'll start with this one:
I am anal about being kind of neat. On our fishing trips, we have 2 guys that don't give a rats rear-end and 2 of us that are neat-freaks. My buddy hates it when he comes into the cabin and plops down his sweatshirt on the couch and then I go and move it right away and throw it onto his bed. I say, the couch is NOT a closet. He thinks the whole cabin is his closet.

Next?
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was younger, lots of stuff would bother me. Now, as I have aged, most things that used to bother me, don't really matter any more. Life is too short to get up tight about the little things. Years ago a buddy of mine went to open abag of chips in the boat, as he pulled on it, it tore apart spilling the entire bag all over my boat. Had all I could do not to say something to him. As he tried to clean them up, he wound up stepping on them mashing them into the carpet. Oh well, <snippety snip> happens. Mr. Green
The Texan
Master Angler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My pet peeve would be keeping the house there at the Shoe clean...seems we have plenty of "eaters" and very little "cleaners"

I also hated like heck to be up there when the nymphs or whatever the honk you call those flies were out...by the millions....Would get all over the dang boat, squashed in the seats, squashed all over the dang place....

Texan
Col Ron, Guide

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like ff and the chips, I hate worm dirt and bedding in the boat. It is rare that I have worms in the boat. When worms are in the boat, I have already "rinsed" them off and they are in the container with no junk.

Had a guy bring a couple of dozen worms in the boat with him that had the glowing green substance in them. (They glow after they eat this stuff). Well he had them in those little styrofoam containers, it was rough out, containers broke, and he ground them into the carpet with his feet bouncing on the waves. I was not happy.

Col Ron
Scott
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Loose" beer or pop cans. I have several cup holders in the boat...and they were bought to be used.
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A number of years these two guys joined us for a week. One morning, Ill call him Jim, gets up last. The other 5 of us were up and sitting by the kitchen table drinking coffee. Jim grabs a coffee cup and empties the pot, taking the last cup. He sits down. I said, hey Jim, that was the last cup, don't you think you should make another pot. His answer was "no I have enough and don't want any more". I get up and make another pot. As soon as it gets done perking, you will never guess who jumps up and takes the first cup. You got it, JIM. Needless to say he doesn't come up with us anymore. Mr. Green
Gowdy 1
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My pet peeve, loose lures in the boat.

Another, is people who do not bathe/shower on fishing trips.
The Texan
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gowdy, you're full of it Twisted Evil

Texan
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I can see how you guyz want to keep your boats nice.
But my mommy always said, "you can't have nothing nice" - for long, anyway. Me being so anal, the first thing I do before we go out in the am is clean up the garbage/litter from the prior day. My buddy Fred likes to see me keep the boat all "neatn'appearin' like". But if I didn't clean it up, he'd be going home with about two full metal garbage can-fulls of junk in his boat-most of which he created.

The last cup of coffee was a good one Ff.
How about this for things that bug you:
Drinking right out of the milk carton.....Yuck!

And Gowdy, somehow I think you are talking about yourself????

Hey Tex, talk about nymphs (I think you mean mayfly): I was talking to a guy the other day about vacations and he says he goes to Arkansas so I tell him I go to Minn and he says "you like mosquitos, don't you?" and I say "they're better than spiders or snakes". To each his own I guess. But yeah, one week we were on Cass when the sand flies hatched and that was really brutal---could not breathe thru your mouth from the dock to the cabin or you'd swallow a hundred of 'em.

Last edited by gene on Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Ballbuster
Spinner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has to be the EX-brother of me & CFD. When we were at Cass the last time he got stupid upset because some minnows got on his boat flooring. He said CFD was purposely grinding them into the floor. We were on the perch big time and you couldn't even get your line to the bottom before they were on. Some minnows got knocked onto the floor and stepped on but later were used as we ran out of bait. He whined about for the rest of the trip (cut Short).
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I know BB and CFD won't be fishing with their ex-bro, I'll bet if they have the chance, they WOULD intentionally grind the minners into his boat flooring-and maybe grind his head in too?

Here's another of my pet peeves:
fish that won't bite!

Oh, and have I ever mentioned this before:
resort owners that don't want you to keep a certain species.

Which now reminds me of this one:
fishermen who won't even try cleaning their catch

And finally for this post:
the fact that only the good die young

Man, I hates that.
Col Ron, Guide

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminded me of another one: Guys/ Girls who clean there fish, and don't clean up the fish house after themselves. Like a maid is coming in behind them to put the guts in the pail, and scrub off the stainless steel cleaning table.

Col Ron
Ballbuster
Spinner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gene wrote:
Although I know BB and CFD won't be fishing with their ex-bro, I'll bet if they have the chance, they WOULD intentionally grind the minners into his boat flooring-and maybe grind his head in too?

Here's another of my pet peeves:
fish that won't bite!

Oh, and have I ever mentioned this before:
resort owners that don't want you to keep a certain species.

Which now reminds me of this one:
fishermen who won't even try cleaning their catch

And finally for this post:
the fact that only the good die young

Man, I hates that.

You know us too well Gene, thats scary!
carpy52
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes ok I even gave this a couple of days of thought before I decided hey why not vent....

Now there are pet peeves and things that just make you what to grab someone by the throat and chock the living (*^( outta them right then and there I won't try and explain what fits in what catagory here but you can pretty well guess..

Now I don't mind a guy walking around in his BVD's in the cabin but hey if they have skid marks that is just to much.

On the other end is walking into the john and finding skid marks or splash patterns on the seat or floor, espically in the middle of the night when your barefoot, like you really did see those?????

Now Farting can be funny at times given the right circumstances, but we had one guy that could do it on command and it would peal the chrome of a 57 Chevy's bumper and he would always wait till we were sitting down to eat or just before bed time and it would stink up the whole cabin, I fixed this by going out one after noon and finding some pickled eggs, a good bean chili and about a 12 pack of Shiltz beer, then when he went into the attached bathroom of his sleeping room I walked in and cut the cheese for about 4 minutes into his pillow then closed the door behind me, needless to say he came out and ran for the front door, we were all standing out there and he was mad and even lost his dinner. He never farted the rest of the trip.

Hope about the guy who leave milk in the bottom or a glass or bowl and won't rinse it out.

You get up early and make the coffee and or breakfast and someone complains that the coffee is week or the eggs are not how he liked eating them, ok get up and fix your own, I even took one guys plate from him after this happened 3 days in a row and empited it in the garbage.

We usually throw into a pool for food but there is always one guy who wants to by just stuff he likes to eat and complains about it if you don't...

About food agian, I usually will buy abunch of stuff on my own that I like but always tell everyone that they are welcome to anything, then there is always one guy who will eat all of something then when you ask if he want to chip in to get some more he will say," Naw it wasn't that good anyways"

Ever have a guy who once you get all the way up there says matter of factly he is going to have to really watch what he spends cause he don't know if he brought enough money and didn't bring a checkbook or credit card, then at the end of the week he is short for his share of the cabin and stuff.......

This happened twice to me, I got stuck with a new guy, who doesn't know a thing about the lake but is always saying, "Lets try over there that looks like a good spot." and you know that there hasn't been a fish in that area since Jesus was in sandles....

or you get all the way to the other side of the boat and this guy says either, Geeze I forgot to get my license or, We have to go back I got to take a heck of a dump.......

or the best for last, its a little choppy and even before you get to the spot you know where the walleyes will be stack up like cord wood the guy in the front of the boat, usually the newbie get sea sick and starts hurling all over and mostly in the boat instead of over the side, then he expects you to clean it up cause if he has to he will be sick agian......

These are just a few of the things that I have had happen to me and it seems like every other year it's always a new one, I told all the regulars that I use to go up there with that I refuse to take a newbie with me and certian people are invited don't count on me coming up with them, I'd rather go by myself....

Thanks for letting me vent Laughing

ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carpy you take the prize. Man you have had some bad experiences. Mine pale compared to yours. I got to say, the crew I am with now are great. Everybody does their share, no slobs. A couple of years ago, I went to Cass in Sept with guys from my fishing club. Without me knowing it, the wife packed a bag of snickers in my stuff. I put the bag on the counter, and said help yourselfs. Two days later the entire bag was gone. No big deal. Till one of the guys told me that this one guy kept taking them, and hoarding them in his room. He had the whole bag in his suit case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: