Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Fresh Report 1-27-07

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Helmetguy16
Spinner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Fresh Report 1-27-07 Reply with quote

Got back up to the big lake for the first time after getting back to school. Went up 1-26 in the afternoon and stayed overnight. The lake sure has made some serious ice since the last time i was up there. Pretty good outing, my uncle and i brought home 4 eyes, 4 perch and a few slabs. Went out of Agassiz and couldn't believe what I saw looking at the lodge. Hopefully Jeff can start over. We caught lots of eyes, some too small and some too big and a couple of smaller perch as well. Will be up again with the family next weekend.
Jim Davidson
Angler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject: Want to join us? Reply with quote

Just noticed you posting you may be up next weekend. We are having an event and you and family can join in if you wish. We have a breakfast meeting at 9AM in West Wind to set up our day activities which includes a small contest and picnic on the beach. Let me know.
Helmetguy16
Spinner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: possibly Reply with quote

That sounds like fun. Which day is it? We will probably be at Red all day on the 3rd so let me know the day and we might have to join in.
Big Z
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim, I'm brining up a group of about eight guys we may have to try and hook up on the lake. We will be on the lake Friday night through Sun. midday.
Jim Davidson
Angler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: meeting up Reply with quote

I am meeting up with 12 others that are renting from cookie. If you are there in West Wind at 9AM, we can meet up and discuss topics. The picnic is in danger of being cancelled due to weather conditions. The small contest is for the members of the two groups, but will ask if anyone has objections to others joining in at the meeting. We are asking all our group to bring something in the way of tools, fishing gear, and daily supplies for Jeff to help him after the fire loss. We will be passing the hat and I will see he gets the results of our efforts. He may even make an appearance.
Big Z
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

9am on Sat right? I will see what I can do, The weather does look bad so we moved our stay to a motel in bemiji with Hot tube etc.
slabby
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you move around much Helmetguy?
Sounds like you had decent action Smile
Helmetguy16
Spinner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Slabby-
We had remarkably good success considering that we fished in the Castle the whole time. I tried fishing in Marks house for 30 minutes but didn't even mark a fish on the vex.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: