Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Last weekend?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Last weekend? Reply with quote

Tom and his crew fished in florida, I offered them the ice castle saturday if they felt like driving out there but they were quite comfortable and they did real well friday. They took there fish in to westwind for lunch so they could get a few for the trip home sunday but the bite was not quite as good the second night?Tom gave me a new drinking glass and I just had a pop in it "Minneapolis police" Thanks again Tom.
Joe fished montana the first night here after working on blue thunder part of the day. He caught quite a few fish" over 20". Saturday eve he fished colorado and slept in catafornia.He ended up catching some perch and 4 crappies he all so said he lost 3 or 4 crappies.thanks again Joe it sure is nice having those lites at night. I think it worked out well for both of us.
Jeff and his crew stayed saturday night and they caught plenty of walleyes also
Josh showed up saturday also and they fished alaska The caught one crappie and plenty of walleyes. Sunday I told them I would move alaska for them so we were off. Even though I new better I tried to tow alaska over jeffs bridge and in the process sandwich the bridge between alaska and blue thunder.It took a few minutes to get unhooked and put the bridge back . I then dragged alaska over the pressure ridge rehooked up the truck and we were off again. They ended up only catching only 4 crappies.
Pete's house did real well and they caught all the walleye they wanted plus one bonus crappie in 8 feet of water.Josh also caught a lone crappie in 8 feet of water?
Kellie and I fished in old minnesota saturday eve for are 29th wedding anniversary. We grilled steak and shrimp and never caught a fish Shocked Old minnesota will be moved tomorrow as will all the other houses so everyone has fresh holes friday.
TRVLMech

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cookie I had a great time, I hope Blue Thunder hangs in there for you. I am trying to talk a buddy of mine into comming up there when I get back from my trip to Dubai in a month or so. I hope it worked out as well for you as it did for me.
Thanks for a great trip!!!!!
Joe
cookie
Master Angler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though mother nature gave them a good licking Harold and his crew managed to get 67 crappies Very Happy They were out of there elements fishing in portables to get out of that 25 mile a hour wind, The second day they delt with very cold temp and the third day mother nature won as the wind picked up again they threw in the towel Shocked I'm sure they willl be back again the year and again I will try and point then in the right direction.Kellie,Jerry lyn and April fished old minnesota part of the day and got 3 keepers. The night before Mark caught 15 and figures he lost as many,Leroy, John Aron and Keith fished two of Pete's house and caught enough walleyes for a fish fry at westwind,Aron and keith took my truck and went out to alaska and I will hopefully see how they did this morning?
Blue thunder threw a tire chain yesterday and I will have to try and modifi that this morning before I head out to move the rest of the houses.
Steel Horse
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Planing a Trip Reply with quote

Cookie:

My daughter and I would like to make a trip up on the 20th spend one night and head back Sunday late afternoon. Just checking to see if you have any openings. If you don't then we'll go to plan "B". I'm sure I would have a two other people coming along just not sure who yet.... have to check dates first. Let me know if coming on Saturday the 20th will work. Otherwise my option date is Feb. 9-11 we would come up on Friday and stay Friday night and Saturday night and head back on Sunday....keep me posted....

Steel Horse
Jim Davidson
Angler

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Keep those houses on fish Reply with quote

Just keep those houses on fish for us cookie. You dragged a house across the pressure ridge? That must have been spooky to see a bridge follow you and then have to drag the house across it without the bridge. Glad it worked out ok. I am fishing Mille Lacs Sunday and Monday as a warm up to Red Lake. I like fishing Sumo Perch once in awhile. They can be just as sneaky on biting as the crappie, so it's good practice. Maybe overnight I can get some nice walleye to entertain me. Grabbed the Northern rod, just in case we see some swimming under the house. I think the house is only in 16 feet of water, so we should see bottom visually and the Marcum should let me know when they swim through. Should be fun.
Big Z
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim I found that when everything just stops on red then a pike is cruzing. I brought my camera up last year and witnessed it three or four times, everything stoped so I would put the camera down and sure enough here comes a biggin. I used asucked minnows with a big White headed jig and caught three pike all above 36". I would recommend rigging up one rod/real with the biggest line you have, I used some left over muskie line (50#) so I did not have to use a leader.
Stewietime
SpinCaster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey John, I see you and your lovely wife recently celebrated your 29th wedding anniversary. Thats great! "CONGRATS" Bill just called to tell me that we are coming up on Thursday. So 2 of your best "fish finders" will be on the lake doing what we love to do...catch fish! lol He also told me about Jeff's place, so sad! I was looking forward to seeing how far he had come since we put the roof on for him.
Look forward to seeing You and Kellie. Take Care - STEW
Jim Davidson
Angler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: thanks for the tip! Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip BigZ. I was already on it with one heavy rod and Abu Garcia 5000 with 35 test on it, but I still use a long leader on it as too many bite offs. Also bringing my tip ups as we plan on checking some rocks out and see if we can get a bigger cruiser. Feb 2 should be a great weekend with the full moon cycle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Upper Red Lake Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: