Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index  
Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts
Fishing Reports, Tips, Resorts and Classifieds
  |Search |Usergroups  |Register 
Lake Maps
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Col Ron, Guide

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Lake Maps Reply with quote

Well, I heard back from Navionics today, this is what they had to say about their new map coming out. I have asked them when it will be available to purchase, I will let you know. Scott, looks like they might be a good sponsor!!

Hi Colonel!

Cass is complete (as well as a bunch of others) but due to the delivery timelines, didnít make the í07 product. It will have 1í contours, and we have no plans to start naming structure after girlfriends, pets, or gear lost overboard.

In any event, let me know if I can ever help out with the site. Looks like you have a good bunch of guys there that know their stuff.

Jeff Brodeur
Inland Account Manager
Navionics, Inc
6 Thatcher Lane
Wareham, MA 02571
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We gotta get this guy to visit Cass from MA someday!

"Girlfriends, pets, or gear lost overboard" - that was a good one. He'll fit right in with us methinks.
The Texan
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We needs to get our own computer guru to take the chip and put whatever names we feel appropriate....kind of have our own version ya know!!!!!! Twisted Evil

Texan
Col Ron, Guide

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just been informed that the Navionics chip will be out in a matter of days. It will be distributed first to Cabelas; Reeds will probably have it in a few weeks.

Nice to have another option.

Col Ron
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a bone to pick with Navionics. When I bought my chip in 05, I was told when I wanted to upgrade it, sending in my old chip would be worth 50% of what I paid for it. I paid 200. 50% should be 100, but now I've been told its only worth 50 bucks. That stinks!
Chomper
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: chip debate Reply with quote

not to get anyone real excited, but I did some research on the new Lakemaster chip, and thought that would be a better fit for my needs. I also fished with someone who had problems running their Navionics chip in their Ifinder h20C, which is what I use. No problems with the Lakemaster chip. I'll get mine online.
Col Ron, Guide

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ff, somebody saw you coming. Where did you buy the chip from? Everyone was selling it for $99.00, including Reeds.

Chomper-No problem if that is what you like. I like the idea that Navionics is not cluttering up the screen with nonsense.
I never had a problem running my first Navionics chip don't anticipate a problem when I buy their new one.

Col Ron
gene
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't modern technology great?
One of these days I'm gonna have to stop using the old rope and anchor as a depth finder.

Now if you guys were REAL serious, you'd have Navionics in the front of the boat and Lakemaster in the back (notice how I did not use any seagoing terms like port, stern, bow, starboard)
Chomper
BaitCaster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: chip debate Reply with quote

yeah, I guess it's the same thing only different! I think Cass will go to the 1/2 foot contours next year. It appears that each chip out-does the other everyother year. So, for me it's a matter of one chip for several years and not have to get a chip every year. Im not going to advertise, but a buddy of mine runs a website here in Sioux City, there you can find the exact same prices, but no tax or shiping if you live outside Iowa. Let me know, I can paste a link via pm.
Col Ron, Guide

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chomper:

As for the 1/2 foot contours, no thanks, I really think this will be my limit, unless I put a plasma TV on board to see the 1/2 contour differences!! You can go crazy with this stuff and concentrate too much on the little graph.

As for the website, I too have several friends in the business with websites, and I am affililated with other sites, but they will never be mentioned here, Thanks anyway.

Col Ron
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No ron, I didn't get hosed by a dealer, I got hosed by Navionics.. That is what they were selling for then. I got it at Henry's. Even today, in Cabelas and Bass pro, the 07 premium chip is still 149.00. The 06 you can get for 99. I think navionics is sticking it to us on this price. But they have no real competition, so if we want to buy the chip, we are stuck. If ever some competition comes out, watch and see, navionics will drop their prices like a hot potatoe. I bought it knowing the price, but what gripes me is the rebate. What they advertised is no longer what they say. Even in today's Cabelas catalog, they are showing a rebate of 75.00, but Navionics says they will only give 50 bucks. Like I said before, that stinks.
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw something interesting. On another site, Jeff posted the lakes included for 07, that have the 1' contour. Cass is not included. And the price is still 149.00
Col Ron, Guide

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get in on that update. I did pay $99 at a local sport shop for my chip when I bought my Lowrance 2 years ago. I am going to wait until I am up in Cass to buy it anyway. By then the price on both chips should be set.

Col Ron
The Texan
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colonel, you need to get your arse down to best buy and get one of those 21 inch flat panels for the boat....by the first of June!!!

Also, make sure to have the cd you put in the drive of the screen that constantly shows fish on the bottom even though we cant catch poop!!! Twisted Evil

Texan
ffishman
Master Angler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron, if you are getting the Navionic north PREMIUM 07 for 99 bucks, you should buy a bunch. Because, Jeff from navionic said the sell for 149, and Cabela and Bass Pro are selling them for 149. That is a super deal. Maybe I will up grade then. With Jeff telling me the rebate is 50 bucks, at 99 bucks, it will only cost me 50 bucks to upgrade. Where are you buying these at?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minnesota Fishing and Minnesota Resorts Forum Index -> Cass Lake Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: